North Mississippi Allstars Keys to the Kingdom
18 copies available
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by North Mississippi Allstars ~ Do It Like We Used to Do (Live) (2-CD) ~ $16.18
- by North Mississippi Allstars ~ Keep On Marchin': Live in Burlington, Vermont ~ $13.48
- by Luther Dickinson ~ Rock 'n' Roll Blues ~ $12.58
- by North Mississippi Allstars ~ World Boogie Is Coming ~ $12.58
- by North Mississippi Allstars ~ World Boogie Is Coming (2-LPs) ~ $21.50
- Released: February 1, 2011
- Label: Songs Of The South
Rolling Stone - p.643.5 stars out of 5 -- "[With] a spectral version of Bob Dylan's 'Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again' that truly takes the song down South."
Living Blues - p.40"It's more of a rock record than a blues record, and there's plenty of punk attitude."
- 1.This A'Way
- 2.Jumpercable Blues
- 3.The Meeting
- 4.How I Wish My Train Would Come
- 5.Hear the Hills
- 6.Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again
- 7.Let It Roll
- 8.Ain't No Grave
- 9.Ol' Cannonball
- 10.New Orleans Walkin' Dead
- 11.Ain't None O' Mine
- 12.Jellyrollin' All Over Heaven
Personnel: Alvin Youngblood Hart (vocals, harmonica); Jim Spake (clarinet, saxophone); Spooner Oldham (piano); Jack Ashford (tambourine).
Audio Mixer: Kevin Houston .
Recording information: Fame; I.V. Lab; Wireland; Zebra Ranch, Independence, MS.
Photographer: Josh Mintz.
Keys to the Kingdom is easily the most personal album recorded by the North Mississippi Allstars to date. Luther and Cody Dickinson lost their father, the legendary producer and musician Jim Dickinson, in late 2009. Along with fellow bandmember Chris Chew, the trio gathered together in the Dickinson family's home Zebra Studios to record a tribute. The words "Produced for Jim Dickinson" adorn the back of the album. Despite the sobering circumstances, the band focused on their father's motto -- "I will not celebrate death" -- as the m.o for the sessions. They gathered together a slew of family friends including Alvin Youngblood Hart, Mavis Staples, Ry Cooder, Spooner Oldham, Gordie Johnson, and Jack Ashford, among others, to cut a set of original material inspired by old-school Dixie-fried roots rock, Delta blues, funk, and R&B. The album features a single cover, a one-chord blues version of Bob Dylan's "Stuck Inside of Mobile (With the Memphis Blues Again)," to fulfill a last request by their father.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE