The Monkees Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd.
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$10.43 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.56 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 16, 2015
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Rhino
Q - 5/95, p.1274 Stars - Excellent - "...shows the prefab four aware of their limitations as a band and allowing some sessionmen back into the studio for a minor pop psychedelic masterpiece..."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1164 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t reveals both Micky Dolenz and Michael Nesmith as highly individual vocalists, the latter a ringer for Stephen Stills on his country-rock tunes."
- 2.She Hangs Out
- 3.The Door Into Summer
- 4.Love Is Only Sleeping
- 5.Cuddly Toy
- 7.Hard To Believe
- 8.What Am I Doing Hangin' 'Round?
- 9.Peter Percival Patterson's Pet Pig Porky
- 10.Pleasant Valley Sunday
- 11.Daily Nightly
- 12.Don't Call On Me
- 13.Star Collector
The Monkees: Micky Dolenz, Davy Jones, Michael Nesmith, Peter Tork.
Personnel: Peter Tork (guitar, piano, Clavinet, organ); Micky Dolenz (guitar, Moog synthesizer, drums); Michael Nesmith, Bill Chadwick (guitar); Doug Dillard (banjo); Bill Martin (piano, Clavinet, organ, percussion); Chip Douglas, Bob Rafelson, Harry Nilsson (piano, Clavinet, organ); Paul Beaver (Moog synthesizer); Kim Capli, Fast Eddie Hoh (drums); Davy Jones (percussion).
Recording information: Chicago, IL (04/26/1967-10/04/1967); RCA Victor's "Nashville Sound" Studio, Nashville, TN (04/26/1967-10/04/1967); RCA Victor's Music Center Of the World, Hollywood, CA (04/26/1967-10/04/1967); RCA Victor's Studio B, New York, NY (04/26/1967-10/04/1967).
By 1967's PISCES, AQUARIUS, CAPRICORN & JONES LTD., the band had found a balance between writing and performing their own material, and utilizing the talents of their Los Angeles songwriting teams and studio musicians. The result is an artistically satisfying mix of progressive experimentalism and pop smarts; the Moog synthesizer on the tracks "Daily Nightly," "Love Is Only Sleeping," and the groupie anthem "Star Collector," was the first ever to appear on a pop album.
Besides the enormous hit "Pleasant Valley Sunday," highlights include the simply beautiful jazz-pop of Michael Nesmith's "Don't Call On Me," and the atmospheric and lovely "Words," featuring Peter Tork's best-ever vocals. The entire album is superb, and the handful of alternate takes and outtakes are nearly its equal. A '60s pop classic.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 104 ratings.
Based on 104 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)
$21.21 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Oldies Collection, The Anniversary... (CD)
$11.03 LABOR DAY
WOGL Oldies 98.1FM - The 60's - Tenth Anniversary Ed. (CD)
$7.22 LABOR DAY
- Brady Bunch Movie (DVD) ~ $5.21 LABOR DAY
- The Monkees - Head (DVD) ~ $15.08 LABOR DAY
- The Monkees - Season 1 (6-DVD) ~ $34.97 LABOR DAY
- The Monkees - Season 2 (5-DVD) ~ $34.97 LABOR DAY
- Soundtrack Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me [More Music from the Motion Picture] (CD) ~ $13.25
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE