Pancho & Lefty
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 21, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Dirty Linen - 4/04, p.60"It's a sunny collection of songs that benefited from beautifully produced, piano-filled arrangements..."
- 1.Pancho & Lefty
- 2.It's My Lazy Day
- 3.My Mary
- 4.Half A Man
- 5.Reasons To Quit
- 6.Still Water Runs The Deepest
- 7.My Life's Been A Pleasure
- 8.All The Soft Places To Fall
- 9.Opportunity To Cry
Personnel: Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson (vocals, guitar); Reggie Young, Johnny Christopher, Grady Martin, Chips Moman, Lewis Talley (guitar); Johnny Gimble (fiddle, mandolin); Mickey Raphael (harmonica); Don Markham (saxophone); Bobby Emmons, Bobby Wood (keyboards); Mike Leech (bass); Gene Crisman (drums).
Producers: Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Chips Moman.
Recorded at Pedernales Studio, Spicewood, Texas and Moman's Recording Studio, Nashville, Tennessee. Originally released on Epic (37958). Includes liner notes by Rick Kienzle.
This duet between two of country music's biggest contrarians includes four Willie Nelson originals and one by his partner, Merle Haggard. But the most notable inclusion is Townes Van Zandt's title track, the story of two outlaws at the end of the line, which became the album's signature hit in 1983. In addition to their remarkable interpretations of the album's contemporary songs, Nelson and Haggard's weathered voices are ideally suited to their more vintage material, including California country music pioneer Stuart Hamblen's "My Mary," and two Texas Playboys covers, "Still Water Runs the Deepest" and "My Life's Been a Pleasure." The album's relaxed feel is enhanced by its being done at Nelson's own Pedernales studio outside Austin.
Last of the Breed - Live in Concert (Willie Nelson, Merle... (DVD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 7,480
- UPC: 886977068423
- Shipping Weight: 0.21/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- Eddy Arnold Cattle Call [Country Stars] (CD) ~ $11.25 LABOR DAY
- Asylum Street Spankers What? And Give Up Showbiz? (2-CD) ~ $17.19 LABOR DAY
- Chet Atkins The Early Years 1946-1957 (5-CD Box Set) ~ $26.08
- Chet Atkins Pickin' My Way / Superpickers (CD) ~ $20.68
- Dierks Bentley Up on the Ridge (CD) ~ $11.65 LABOR DAY