Johnny Cash Johnny Cash with His Hot and Blue Guitar
- Released: January 18, 2011
- Label: Ais
Entertainment Weekly - 9/26/03, p.34"...[Here] Cash and the Tennessee Two...define their essential sound: spindly lead-guitar lines, scratchy, boom-chicka-boom rhythms, and plainspoken vocals whose stoic minimalism conveys worlds of emotion..."
- 1.Rock Island Line
- 2.(I Heard That) Lonesome Whistle
- 3.Country Boy
- 4.If The Good Lord's Willing
- 5.Cry Cry Cry
- 6.Remember Me (I'm the One Who Loves You)
- 7.So Doggone Lonesome
- 8.I Was There When It Happened
- 9.I Walk the Line
- 10.Wreck of the Old '97
- 11.Folsom Prison Blues
- 12.Doin' My Time
- 13.Run Softly, Blue River
- 14.Frankie's Man, Johnny
- 15.That's All Over
- 16.The Troubadour
- 17.One More Ride
- 18.That's Enough
- 19.I Still Miss Someone
- 20.Don't Take Your Guns To Town
- 21.I'd Rather Die Young
- 22.Pickin' Time
- 23.Shepherd Of My Heart
- 25.Hey Porter
- 26.Get Rhythm
- 27.Oh, What A Dream
- 28.Mama's Baby
- 29.Walkin' The Blues
This reissue of the 1957 Sun Records release has never been available on CD.
Includes liner notes by Bill Dahl.
Personnel: Johnny Cash (vocals, guitar); Jack Clement (guitar); Luther Perkins (electric guitar); Don Helms (steel guitar); Marvin Hughes (piano); Morris Palmer, Buddy Harmon (drums); The Jordanaires (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Gary Blailock.
Recording information: Bradley Film & Recording Studios, Nashville, TN (05/1995-08/1957); Sun Studio, Memphis, TN (05/1995-08/1957); Bradley Film & Recording Studios, Nashville, TN (07/24/1958-08/13/1958); Sun Studio, Memphis, TN (07/24/1958-08/13/1958).
One of the best Johnny Cash albums ever, his Sun Records debut, 1957's WITH HIS HOT AND BLUE GUITAR, features his first single, "Cry! Cry! Cry!," as well as its follow-ups, "Folsom Prison Blues" and "I Walk the Line." A milestone in rock music history in its compelling combination of primal country music and raw, earthy rock & roll, the album also charts the major elements of Cash's future musical direction--train songs, with "The Wreck of Old '97," prison songs in the aforementioned "Folsom Prison Blues" and "Doin' My Time," gospel material in "I Was There When It Happened," and reminiscences of his early, dirt-poor country years in "Country Boy." This release includes the added bonus of "Hey, Porter!" (the original B-side of "Cry! Cry! Cry!"), as well as four previously unreleased alternate takes.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE