James Brown S.O.U.L.
- Released: February 22, 2011
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Static [Full Force Single Remix] - (remix)
- 2.Living in America [R&B Dance Version]
- 3.Keep Keepin'
- 4.Gravity [Extended Dance Mix] - (remix)
- 5.Goliath [Message House Mix] - (remix)
- 6.How Do You Stop [Special Extended Mix] - (remix)
- 7.I'm Real [Full Force Hypded-Up Mix] - (remix)
- 8.Busy J.B. [Time To Get Get Mix] - (remix)
- 9.She Looks All Types a' Good
- 10.Turn Me Loose, I'm Dr. Feelgood
Recording information: Battery Studios, New York, NY.
This budget ten-track set is mostly drawn from James Brown's 1986 comeback album Gravity, which was produced by Dan Hartman and successfully updated Brown's modern R&B sound to the funk sound that gave Brown's later career an energetic shot in the arm. Most of the sides here are dancefloor mixes, including an R&B dance remix of "Living in America" and an extended dance mix of "Gravity," and this compilation has the sound and feel of a very specific year and time -- but it works just fine because, well, it's James Brown. ~ Steve Leggett
Saturday Night Live - Lost & Found: SNL in the 80s (DVD)
$4.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 56,656
- UPC: 886978425126
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item