- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 17, 2007
- Originally Released: 1975
- Label: Criterion
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.66
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono 1.0 - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Additional Release Material:
- Short Film - "Germany Calling" (1941)
- Audio Commentary: Stuart Cooper - Director; Brian Stirner - Star
- "Mining the Archive"
- "Cameramen at War"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 04/01/2008
3 stars out of 5 -- "A haunting, lyrical meditation on the futility of war....It's seamlessly spliced with archive footage of training missions and the D-Day invasion..."
Uncut - 04/01/2008
4 stars out of 5 -- "[An] understated account of one young soldier's preparation for D-Day. The results are powerful, utterly authentic and deeply moving."
Empire - 04/01/2008
4 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t seamlessly blends genuine World War II footage with a fictional cast of tommies-in-training, simultaneously creating a documentary where the characters are 'fictional,' and a war movie where the 'action is real."
Shot in 1975, OVERLORD is a little-seen drama about a soldier going off to fight in World War II. Director Stuart Cooper utilizes real footage from the battle itself to add a strong dose of realism to the movie.
Theatrical Release |
World War II
- Theatrical Release: August 5, 2006 (LIMITED)