- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 23, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Discovery Channel
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Includes highly acclaimed 4-part bonus series Prehistoric Disasters
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
The thesis of this science-themed documentary set argues, per its title, that the universe is largely shaped by various kinds of massive cosmic explosions - from galaxies colliding, to meteors striking planets, to stars smashing into one another with such force that it rivals that of a nuclear bomb - and that explosions such as these shaped the multi-billion year evolution of the Earth as we know it. Divided into three parts, the program studies that evolution in detail and investigates how contemporary scientists are helping to prepare the Earth for the next impending assault from outer space. As an added bonus, the program includes a four-episode series called 'Prehistoric Disasters,' that theorizes about four key natural disasters that scientists rely on to explain the Earth's presence and current geological landscape. These episodes include: "Birth of the Planet," "Snowball Earth," "Planet of Fire" and "Asteroid Strike."
Television / TV Series
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 014381637120
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items