- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 30, 2010
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Queer Culture Cinema
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Behind-the-scenes featurette "Stolen Moments & Untold Stories"
- Interview with director Fabiomassimo Lozzi
- Original trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A handful of men discuss their lives, their sexuality and their self-acceptance in this unorthodox drama from writer and director Fabiomassimo Lozzi. ALTROMONDO (aka ANOTHER WORLD) is comprised of a series of monologues which Lozzi says were inspired by interviews he conducted with a broad cross section of gay men. As the camera wanders the streets of Rome late at night, the movement stops periodically so a number of men can speak to the audience about themselves and their sexuality, with some open and enthusiastic about their love for other men and other in deep and shameful denial of their desires, while the subjects range from fiercely butch to fabulously flamboyant. As Lozzi allows a wide variety of gay men to share their views of themselves and the community, he helps celebrate their diversity as well as portraying their commonalities. Starring Francesco Apolloni, Federico Pacifici, Davide Ross and Filippo Sandon, ANOTHER WORLD received its North American premiere at the 2008 Montreal World Film Festival.
Gay / Lesbian |