Billy Joel Live at Shea Stadium: The Concert (2-CD+DVD)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$18.59 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.39 (15% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: March 8, 2011
- Label: Sony
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Prelude / Angry Young Man
- 2.My Life
- 3.Summer, Highland Falls
- 4.Everybody Loves You Now
- 6.New York State Of Mind (with Tony Bennett)
- 8.The Ballad Of Billy The Kid
- 9.She's Always A Woman
- 10.Goodnight Saigon
- 11.Miami 2017 (Seen The Lights Go Out On Broadway)
- 12.Shameless (with Garth Brooks)
- 13.This Is The Time (with John Mayer)
- 14.Keeping The Faith
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Captain Jack
- 2.Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel)
- 3.The River Of Dreams / A Hard Day's Night
- 4.We Didn't Start The Fire
- 5.You May Be Right
- 6.Scenes From An Italian Restaurant
- 7.Only The Good Die Young
- 8.I Saw Her Standing There (with Paul McCartney)
- 9.Take Me Out To The Ballgame
- 10.Piano Man
- 11.Let It Be (with Paul McCartney)
Personnel: Mark Rivera (vocals, guitar, flute, saxophone); Crystal Taliefero (vocals, guitar, saxophone, percussion); Tommy Byrne (vocals, guitar); David Rosenthal (vocals, piano, organ, keyboards); Andy Cichon (vocals); Carl Fischer (saxophone, trumpet); Chuck Burgi (drums).
Audio Mixer: Frank Filipetti.
Recording information: Shea Stadium (07/16/2008); Shea Stadium (07/18/2008).
Director: Jon Small.
Editor: Laura Young.
Photographers: John Jackson ; Myrna Suarez; Kevin Mazur; Billy Black.
Arranger: David Rosenthal.
To commemorate the close of the New York Mets' historic Shea Stadium, the powers that be brought in the one local superstar who could pay tribute to this quintessential New York landmark: the one and only Billy Joel. He assembled a killer lineup of guest stars topped by Sir Paul McCartney, whose Beatles performed a legendary show at Shea in 1965, an event echoed by a rollicking encore where Macca duets on "I Saw Her Standing There," then draws the show to a close with "Let It Be." Prior to that, Billy goes through a set list that is remarkably similar to 2006's 12 Gardens Live, a show that contains the same opening pair of "Prelude/Angry Young Man" and "My Life," then follows roughly the same pattern through the conclusion of "Piano Man." Apart from Tony Bennett sitting in on "New York State of Mind," Garth Brooks sharing "Shameless," John Mayer playing on "This Is the Time," "The River of Dreams" turned into a medley with "A Hard Day's Night," and the introduction of a snippet of "Yankee Doodle Dandy" into "My Life," there are no surprises in execution or song selection. It's a thoroughly professional and entertaining set, perhaps somewhat diminished by its lack of freshness -- it would seem that a historic event like this would contain some spark -- but enjoyable all the same. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 43 ratings.
Based on 43 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Love and Affection: Joan Armatrading Classics 1975-1983... (CD)(9)
$17.15 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- The Del Vikings 1956 Audition Tapes (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Ike & Tina Turner Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Duke Ellington Duke's Mixture / At the Bal Masque (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE