- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: January 30, 2007
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French, Spanish
- DTS 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Documentary: "Making of THE TRANSPORTER 2"
- Alternate Scenes: Extended Fight Sequences (3; w/Optional Commentary)
- Audio Commentary: Jason Statham - Star; Steven Chasman - Producer
- Music Video: Knock Turnal - "Muzik"
- Comparisons: Storyboard/Film Comparison
Behind the Scenes:
- 20th Century Fox Action Sizzle Consumer Montage
- THE TRANSPORTER 2
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Extended Making of Featurette
- Original Making of Featurette
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 10/11/2002
"...[Stratham] certainly seems equipped to develop into a mid-weight alternative to Vin Diesel....[Yuen's] talent for hand-to-hand mayhem is truly something to see..."
Variety - 10/14/2002
"...The lovely Shu registers with an effervescent personality..."
Box Office - 12/01/2002
"...Yuen certainly knows how to direct action..."
Sight and Sound - 01/01/2003
"...This effort is as professional as ever..."
Jason Statham stars in this fast-paced and very loud thriller that was written specifically for him by French filmmaker Luc Besson. Statham (SNATCH) plays Frank Martin, a former Special Forces operative who is now a high-priced courier paid a lot of money to deliver packages he would rather know nothing about. His creed: Never change the deal, use no names, and never look in the package. But when he finds out that his latest delivery is a beautiful young woman (Shu Qi), everything changes, and he is off on a wild chase, in his specially made BMW, that includes plenty of explosions, bare-knuckle fighting, cool weaponry, and tongue-in-cheek humor. Hong Kong director Corey Yuen, who has previously worked with Jet Li, lets the action tell the story as Frank battles the bad guys in the streets of France. The score is by renowned jazz great Stanley Clarke.
Martial Arts |
Special Effects |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release Date: October 11, 2002