The Three Musketeers
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Comedy Parade - Rediscovered Classics: What Ho Romeo (1929) / Dental Follies (1937) / Rhythm In A... ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- The Gorilla ~ $5.95 (Save 25%)
- The Gorilla / Nabonga ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Kentucky Moonshine (Full Screen) ~ $14.99 (Save 44%)
- The Three Musketeers ~ $10.44
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 12 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: June 12, 2007
- Originally Released: 1939
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- "Hollywood Spotlight"
- "Life Can Be Crazy In Balmy Florida - Gin Rummy Helps"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Don Ameche & The Ritz Brothers|
|Performer:||Lionel Atwill, Binnie Barnes, Miles Mander, Gloria Stuart, Pauline Moore, John Carradine & Joseph Schildkraut|
|Directed by||Allan Dwan|
|Edited by||Jack Dennis|
|Written by||M. M. Musselman, William A. Drake, Sam Hellman, Sid Kuller & Ray Golden|
|Story by||Alexandre Dumas|
|Produced by||Raymond Griffith|
|Director of Photography:||J. Peverell Marley|
Again returning to one his favorite tales, Alexandre Dumas' THE THREE MUSKETEERS, Allan Dwan directs the Ritz Brothers in a generally faithful musical comedy version of the classic, which stars Don Ameche as D'Artagnan.The young D'Artagnan journeys from his native Gascony to join the King's musketeers in Paris. Enroute, he is insulted by three of their number, Athos, Porthos, and Aramis. When they offer satisfaction, he schedules a duel with each of them, but the musketeers get drunk while waiting, and the Ritz Brothers steal their clothes. When D'Artagnan arrives to duel, he and the Ritz Brothers are attacked by the guardsmen of Cardinal Richelieu (Miles Mander), whom they successfully fight off. Later that night, D'Artagnan encounters Lady Constance (Pauline Moore) while she is accompanying the Queen (Gloria Stuart) to a romantic assignation with the Duke of Buckingham (Lester Matthews), the enemy of the French. Her presenation of a brooch to her lover is seen by inkeeper Naveau, one of Richelieu's spies. The Cardinal hopes to prove the Queen's disloyalty by dispatching Milady DeWinter (Binnie Barnes) to steal it from Buckingham.
Adventure | Heroes | Period Piece | Renaissance | Romance | Swashbuckler
- Theatrical release date: February 17, 1939.
- Jimmy and Al Ritz had a penchant for the ponies, and would often ask Dwan to get off work so that they could hit the track. Fed up, Dwan told them that he would only work with Harry, and that they needn't bother to return to the picture. This cured their horseplaying, at least for the duration of the shoot.
Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars: The Motion Picture (DVD)
$28.03 LABOR DAY
Michael Schenker Group - World Wide Live 2004 (DVD)
$14.81 LABOR DAY
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Based on 26 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Ed.) (DVD)
$1.58 on SALE
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Ed.) (DVD + CD Soundtrack)
$1.58 on SALE