- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 15, 2007
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Subtitles - French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes: "The Making of THE SIEGE" (1988)
- Audio Commentary: Edward Zwick - Producer/Director; Peter Schindler - Executive Producer
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- "THE SIEGE: Taking New York"
- "Martial Law: Freedom is History"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 11/13/1998
"...A provocative, incendiary subject....Points the way for Bening as a soulful nerotic siren of the Faye Dunaway school..."
USA Today - 11/27/1998
"...Denzel Washington is fun to watch..."
Box Office - 12/01/1998
"...Washington is perfectly cast as the film's conscience and voice of reason. Shalhoub, in a more dramatic turn than usual, is believable and effective..."
Los Angeles Times - 11/06/1998
"...THE SIEGE is a political thriller with more plausibility -- and yes, more thrills -- than most....It's a pleasure to have actors of this caliber working together....THE SIEGE also benefits from being well-crafted..."
Premiere - 06/15/2009
3 stars out of 4 -- "A film that was an interesting concept in 1998 and quickly became astoundingly prescient after 2001
In Edward Zwick's THE SIEGE, New York City becomes the target of several terrorist attacks after the U.S. military captures a Muslim leader. Government officials try to contain the escalating madness, but when it spirals out of control, martial law is declared.
New York City |
- Theatrical Release: November 6, 1998
- Shot on location in New York City.