- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: May 22, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes: "Making the Video: Pirate Rap"
- Alternate Scenes: Alternate Ending
- Outtakes: Gag Reel
- Audio Commentary: Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer - Directors
- "How Gratuitous"
- "Everyone Loves Beaver" - Epic Hook Ups
Performers, Cast and Crew:
From Jason Friedberg and Aaron Setzer (DATE MOVIE, SCARY MOVIE) comes this everything-in-the-kitchen-sink, blender-set-to-grind comedy, which pokes fun at big crowd-pleasers like WILLIE WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, CHRONICLES OF NARNIA, SNAKES ON A PLANE, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, X-MEN, NACHO LIBRE, and THE DA VINCI CODE, among others. The loose plot involves a gang of teen orphans (including Jayma Mays and Faune A. Chambers) whose trip inside Wonka's candy factory leads them to a Narnia-style wardrobe adventure. Jennifer Coolidge is the evil White Bitch they have to tangle with in this new land, and Fred Willard plays Aslo, the lion. Scene-stealing Crispin Glover plays the Wonka-be, David Carradine breakdances, and the vivacious Carmen Elektra morphs enticingly in X-MEN-style blue body paint. A bevy of eerie look-alikes pose as Paris Hilton, Anna Paquin, Samuel Jackson, and P Diddy, among others. Of course there's raunch a-plenty with humor both scatological and shot-to-the-crotch-ish, to keep the MTV generation of all ages amused. The jokes come so fast that no one need worry if a gag here falls flat: another one is right behind to jump on its back. Best of all, the directors keep a tight ship on the bad language, as befits the PG-13 rating.
- Theatrical Release: January 26, 2007