- Number of Discs: 4
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 6 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 19, 2007
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Die Hard: Commentary by director John McTiernan and production designer Jackson DeGovia
- Die Hard: Scene-specific commentary by special effects supervisor Richard Edlund
- Die Hard: Subtitle commentary by various cast and crew
- Die Hard: Branching version with the Extended Power Shutdown Scene cut back in
- Die Hard 2: Die Harder - Commentary by director Renny Harlin
- Die Hard With a Vengeance: Commentary by director John McTiernan
- Yippee Ki Yay bonus disc exclusive content: Wrong Guy, Wrong Place, Wrong Time - A Look Back at Die Hard documentary; The Continuing Adventures of John McClane featurette; Live Free or Die Hard teaser trailer
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- Dolby Digital Surround - English, French
- DTS - English, French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This boxed set features the adventures of cop John McClane in DIE HARD, DIE HARD 2, and DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE, as he battles terrorists intent on destroying office buildings, airports, and Manhattan. See individual titles for more information.
"Die Hard": A New York City policeman, John McClane, visiting his estranged wife and two daughters on Christmas Eve, joins her at a holiday party in the headquarters of the Japanese-owned business she works for. But the festivities are interrupted by a group of terrorists who take over the exclusive high-rise, and everyone in it. Very soon the cop realizes that there's no one to save the hostages -- but him.
"Die Hard 2: Die Harder": An action-packed sequel to the 1989 film 'Die Hard.' While former New York City cop John McClane, now a member of the Los Angeles Police Department, waits to pick up his wife in DC's Dulles Airport, gunmen suddenly commandeer the building. They're intent on rescuing a drug-dealing foreign despot who's being brought to the US to stand trial. And once again McClane finds himself enmeshed in a terrorist plot that only he can prevent...
"Die Hard with a Vengeance": The third installment of the 'Die Hard' series. Hard-luck New York cop John McClane realizes once again that trouble always has a way of finding him. This time it comes in the form of Simon, whose brother Hans Gruber was the villainous mastermind killed by McClane in the first 'Die Hard.' Simon sets out to avenge Hans's death in a rather perverse manner: periodically, he plants a bomb somewhere in New York City (a subway car or an elementary school, for example). Then he calls McClane with a difficult riddle, and a time allotment for solving it. The answer to the riddle reveals the bomb site. McClane and Zeus, a Black shopkeeper who saves McClane's life and then is forced to join him, wind up in numerous deadly situations as they continuously struggle to save the Big Apple from Simon's bombs. But Simon has other devious plans besides killing McClane: namely to rob the Federal Reserve Bank -- which houses more gold than Fort Knox...
New York City |
- "Die Hard" was the film debut for British stage actor Alan Rickman.
- This boxed set includes
"Die Hard" Cat. #4100624
"Die Hard 2: Die Harder" Cat. # 4100625
"Die Hard with a Vengeance" Cat. # 4100626