- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: June 19, 2007
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Fox Searchlight
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 08/09/1990
New York Times - 07/03/1990
"...Outrageous ambition, high-tech sophistication and sheer unbridled firepower....The heart and soul of the new film is Bruce Willis..."
In this sequel to the classic action movie, renegade commandos seize a major international airport to rescue a drug lord from justice. Detective John McClane (Bruce Willis), there to meet his wife, must battle incompetent airport security, hard-headed, gung-ho anti-terrorist squads and a deadly winter snowstorm to break the terrorist's grip before his wife's plane runs out of fuel. Based on the novel "58 Minutes" by Walter Wager.
An action-packed sequel to the 1989 film "Die Hard."
While former New York City cop John McClane, now a member of the Los Angeles Police Department, waits to pick up his wife in DC's Dulles Airport, gunmen suddenly commandeer the building. They're intent on rescuing a drug-dealing foreign despot who's being brought to the US to stand trial.
And once again McClane finds himself enmeshed in a terrorist plot that only he can prevent...
High Flying |
- Titles and Opticals by Pacific Title.
- Budget estimate $62 million; Began shooting November 28, 1989; Completed shooting April 6, 1990; Released in USA July 4, 1990.
- Shot on location in Los Angeles, California, Alpena and Kinross, Michigan, in Panavision and DeLuxe color.
- Working title for the film was "Die Hard II: Taking of Los Angeles International."
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Copyright 1990 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation