The Blue Bird
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.14 (28% Off)|
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: March 27, 2007
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English, Spanish, French
- Stereo - English
- Subtitles - Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Previews
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Nigel Bruce, Spring Byington, Eddie Collins & John Russell|
|Directed by||Walter Lang|
|Edited by||Robert Bischoff|
|Screenwriting by||Ernest Pascal|
|Composition by||Alfred Newman|
|Art Direction by||Richard Day|
|Produced by||Gene Markey|
|Director of Photography:||Arthur Miller|
- Filmed in lavish Technicolor and released one year after The Wizard of Oz. Like "Wizard", this film began with a black-and-white prologue before shifting to color.
- Film was theatrically re-issued in 1995.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 56 ratings.
Recently, I DVRed this film on the FOX Movie Channel, and I had quite forgotten how much I missed seeing it (the last time that I DID watch it on television was, I believe, about thirty-five years ago[!]). Now, at least, I can "kinda, sorta" understand the symbolism and metaphor(s) used in this truly forgotten gem of a movie.
Who'd have thought that it was made to rival "The Wizard of Oz" that came out the preceding year!