The Beatles 1967-1970 (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$22.38 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.60 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 18, 2010
- Label: Capitol
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Beatles' original 1973 compilation 1962-1966 ("Red") and 1967-1970 ("Blue") have been remastered by the same dedicated team of engineers at EMI Music's Abbey Road Studios responsible for remastering The Beatles' original UK studio albums, carefully maintaining the authenticity and integrity of the original analogue recordings. The result is the highest fidelity the catalogue has seen since its original release. Both 2-CD packages include expanded booklets with original liner notes, newly written essays by Bill Flanagan and rare photos. "Red" and "Blue" are the first Beatles compilations to be released after the band's 1970 disbandment; the popular collections each feature a selection of singles and album tracks written by the band's members.
Q - 10/00, p.154Included in Q's "Best Best Of... Albums Of All Time"
Q - 10/93, p.1184 Stars - Excellent - "...Musically, joy certainly is unconfined....[THE RED and BLUE ALBUMS] vividly trace the story of [the Beatles'] development..."
Melody Maker - 10/9/93, p.41"...[a] timeless wonder...."
NME (Magazine) - 9/18/93, p.35(10) - Classic.
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Strawberry Fields Forever
- 2.Penny Lane
- 3.Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 4.With a Little Help from My Friends
- 5.Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
- 6.A Day in the Life
- 7.All You Need Is Love
- 8.I Am the Walrus
- 9.Hello, Goodbye
- 10.The Fool on the Hill
- 11.Magical Mystery Tour
- 12.Lady Madonna
- 13.Hey Jude
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Back in the U.S.S.R.
- 2.While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- 3.Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- 4.Get Back
- 5.Don't Let Me Down
- 6.Ballad of John and Yoko
- 7.Old Brown Shoe
- 8.Here Comes the Sun
- 9.Come Together
- 11.Octopus's Garden
- 12.Let It Be
- 13.Across the Universe
- 14.The Long and Winding Road
Audio Remasterers: Sam Okell; Sean Magee; Steve Rooke; Guy Massey; Paul Hicks.
Liner Note Author: Bill Flanagan.
Photographer: Bruce McBroom.
The companion piece to the 1962-1966 singles compilation, this set (often called "the blue album," as opposed to its chronological predecessor "the red album"), brings together the Beatles best known songs from 1967 through 1970. The Beatles were fiercely, relentlessly experimental during these years, and the swirling, visionary soundscapes of "Strawberry Fields Forever," which opens the collection, sets the tone with its effects-heavy production and backward tape loops. John Lennon's psychedelic songwriting, which emphasized crystalline melodies and surreal wordplay, can be heard on tracks like "Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds" and "Across the Universe."
Paul McCartney's fascination with English music hall and novelty numbers is clear on "Penny Lane" and "Ob-la-Di, Ob-la-Da," and the set also has some of his finest ballads, including the mega-hits "Let It Be" and "Hey Jude." George Harrison emerged as a fine songwriting talent during these years with "Something" and "Here Comes the Sun." Yet despite evidence of their diverging individual directions, the Beatles still rock as a band on cuts like "Revolution." (The set includes the single versions of "Revolution," "Lady Madonna," and "Hey Jude"). The Beatles set the tenor of the late-'60s with this spectacular soundtrack, and it remains--even after years of overplaying--original, beautiful music.
Boxing - Muhammad Ali: The Greatest (Plus Bonus Featurette:... (DVD)
$1.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$4.48 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Burl Ives The Best of Little Bitty Tear (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - For Lovers Only, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE