The Beatles 1962-1966 (Remastered) (2-CD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$21.94 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.04 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 18, 2010
- Label: Capitol
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Beatles' original 1973 compilation 1962-1966 ("Red") and 1967-1970 ("Blue") have been remastered by the same dedicated team of engineers at EMI Music's Abbey Road Studios responsible for remastering The Beatles' original UK studio albums, carefully maintaining the authenticity and integrity of the original analogue recordings. The result is the highest fidelity the catalogue has seen since its original release. Both 2-CD packages include expanded booklets with original liner notes, newly written essays by Bill Flanagan and rare photos. "Red" and "Blue" are the first Beatles compilations to be released after the band's 1970 disbandment; the popular collections each feature a selection of singles and album tracks written by the band's members.
Q - 10/93, p.1184 Stars - Excellent - "...Musically, joy is unconfined....[THE RED and BLUE ALBUMS] vividly trace the story of [the Beatles'] development..."
Melody Maker - 10/9/93, p.41"...[a] timeless wonder...."
NME (Magazine) - 9/18/93, p.35(10) - Classic.
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Love Me Do
- 2.Please Please Me
- 3.From Me To You
- 4.She Loves You
- 5.I Want Tol Hold Your Hand
- 6.All My Loving
- 7.Can't Buy Me Love
- 8.A Hard Day's Night
- 9.And I Love Her
- 10.Eight Days A Week
- 11.I Feel Fine
- 12.Ticket To Ride
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 2.You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
- 3.We Can Work It Out
- 4.Day Tripper
- 5.Drive My Car
- 6.Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
- 7.Nowhere Man
- 9.In My Life
- 11.Paperback Writer
- 12.Eleanor Rigby
- 13.Yellow Submarine
Liner Note Author: Bill Flanagan.
This superb compilation, often called "the red album," brings together the majority of the Beatles' hits from the early to mid '60s. Consequently, it plays like an overview of the some of the most popular and indelible rock songs of all time. From the "yeah, yeah, yeah"'s of "She Loves You" through the amped-up giddiness of "I Want to Hold Your Hand," the minor-key melodicism of "And I Love Her," and on to the chiming power pop of "Eight Days a Week" and the tweaky feedback of "I Feel Fine," these are the songs that turned the entire Western world on its ear.
The second half of the set--in addition to its phenomenal songs-- is interesting in that it charts the Beatles' move from straightforward pop toward the new chapter of rock the band would help script in the late '60s. After the expansive chords and slinky melodies of "Ticket to Ride," the band becomes alternately darkly introspective ("Yesterday") and looser and more groove-obsessed ("Drive My Car"), while trying on allegorical Dylan-inspired narratives ("Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)"), and happy-go-luck psychedelia ("Yellow Submarine"). These songs are part of our living, breathing cultural identity, and--as this collection reminds us--for good reason.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Enchantment Golden Classics, Featuring "Gloria" (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE