Badfinger Straight Up (Remastered)
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$16.55 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.43 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Badfinger ~ Badfinger / Wish You Were Here / In Concert at the BBC, 1972-1973 (2-CD) ~ $16.04
- by Badfinger ~ The Best of Volume 2 ~ $13.25
- by Badfinger ~ Magic Christian Music (Remastered) ~ $17.08
- by Badfinger ~ The Very Best of Badfinger ~ $14.85
- Released: October 25, 2010
- Label: Capitol
Q - 6/93, p.1154 Stars (out of 5) - "...Poignantly written, brimming with mature melodies and bracing verse/chorus interplay, STRAIGHT UP is one not to miss. More complete than their other long-play selections and resplendent with previously unheard gems, it's quality stuff..."
NME (Magazine) - 6/5/93, p.34"...A stone cold beauty of an album....an impossibly good album....Love it like your mother..."
Record Collector (magazine) - p.904 stars out of 4 -- "STRAIGHT UP was Badfinger's most consistent Apple outing, due in part to its economy of instrumentation."
Uncut (magazine) - p.1124 stars out of 5 -- "Badfinger wrote sad and beautiful songs...and these excellent remasters show the care they took over each harmony, each strum of their guitars."
- 1.Take It All
- 2.Baby Blue
- 5.I'd Die Babe
- 6.Name of the Game
- 8.Sweet Tuesday
- 9.Day After Day
- 12.It's Over
- 13.I'll Be the One
- 14.Name of the Game [Earlier Version]
- 15.Baby Blue [U.S. Single Mix]
- 16.Baby Please [Previously Unreleased]
- 17.No Good At All [Previously Unreleased]
- 18.Sing For the Song [Previously Unreleased]
Audio Remasterers: Sam Okell; Steve Rooke; Guy Massey.
Liner Note Author: Andy Davis .
Recording information: AIR, Abbey Road; Command Studios, London.
Photographer: Richard DiLello.
STRAIGHT UP is Badfinger's best-known album and perhaps the definitive example of their sparkling brand of Beatles-influenced pop. Expertly produced by George Harrison and Todd Rundgren, this 1972 album spawned two hit singles (both written by group leader Pete Ham): the romantic ballad "Day After Day" (Badfinger's only gold record) and "Baby Blue," a soaring power pop classic that is still regularly played on rock radio. Most people remember Badfinger for those two songs, but the 10 other tracks on STRAIGHT UP are equally impressive.
Less rock-oriented than their previous album NO DICE (although guitarist Joey Molland contributes several excellent high-energy rock songs like "Sometimes" and "Suitcase"), the majority of STRAIGHT UP consists of gentle, melodic songs like Molland's folkish "Sweet Tuesday Morning" and superb Pete Ham compositions like the epic existentialist ballad "Name Of The Game." Now reissued with alternate versions of five of the album's songs and a rare single version of "Baby Blue," STRAIGHT UP sounds better than ever and is an essential addition to any rock fan's music collection.
Apple Records: Strange Fruit - The Beatles' Apple Records (DVD)
$14.81 Super Savings
Outside Providence [Music from the Motion Picture] (CD)
Badfinger / Wish You Were Here / In Concert at the BBC,... (CD)
$16.04 Super Savings
Absolute Rollers: The Very Best of the Bay City Rollers (CD)
$7.83 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 69 ratings.
Based on 69 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Breeze: Soft Pop Of The '70S & '80S (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE