- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 42 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 7, 2012
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: Sony Pictures Home
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Director Stanley Kramer brings us the touching tale of six wealthy -- but socially awkward -- teens who, while attending a summer riding camp, band together to free a herd of penned-in buffalo from a rifle club's slaughter. The boys have all been shunted aside as losers, as the buffalo, who they seek to protect, have been written off by the greater world as well.
A group of six troubled young misfits are forced to attend a camp in Arizona in an effort to tame their ways. Escaping the confining camp and its counselors, they run away come across a herd of buffalo. Realizing that the buffalo are to be slaughtered, the boys band together and as one attempt to free the doomed animals. In the process, the boys open up to one another and reveal secrets about their difficult family lives. The music by DeVorzon and Botkin was later used by Nadia Comaneche in her Gold Medal 1976 Olympic gymnastic routine and became the theme song for the hit soap opera The Young and the Restless.
Coming Of Age |
Tear Jerker |
- Color by Technicolor.
- Released theatrically in New York City October 28, 1971.
- Additional cast: Darel Claser (Goodenow); Bob Kramer (Lally I); and Marc Vahanian (Lally II).
- Originally rated MPAA PG.