The Breakfast Club
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: A&M
- 1.Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
- 2.Waiting - Elizabeth Daily
- 3.Fire In The Twilight - Wang Chung
- 4.I'm The Dude - (TRUE instrumental)
- 5.Heart Too Hot To Hold - Jesse Johnson & Stephanie Spruill
- 6.Dream Montage - (TRUE instrumental)
- 7.We Are Not Alone - Karla DeVito
- 8.Reggae, The - Instrumental
- 9.Didn't I Tell You - Joyce Kennedy
- 10.Love Theme - (TRUE instrumental)
Composer: Keith Forsey.
Personnel: Curt Neishloss, Jesse Johnson, Steve Schiff, Craig Hull (guitar); Keith Forsey (keyboards, synthesizer, drums); Gary Chang, Arthur Barrow, Steve Goldstein (keyboards, synthesizer); Craig Krampf (drums); Julia Tillman Waters, Julia Waters, Alex Brown, Maxine Willard Waters, Merry Clayton, Stephanie Spruill, Carmen Twillie (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Keith Forsey; Brian Reeves .
Recording information: Conway Recording Studio; CTS; Los Angeles, CA; Oasis Recording Studios, Conway Recording Studio; Record One Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Wembley, England.
Any fan of John Hughes or '80s teen culture remembers the soundtrack to The Breakfast Club for one reason: Simple Minds' stone classic "Don't You (Forget About Me)." One of the few new wave songs that could seriously be called an anthem, the song made an indelible impression on an entire generation, which is no exaggeration for many Gen-Xers. "Don't You (Forget About Me)" is the sound of the mid-'80s, without exception. Too bad it's the only memorable thing about the soundtrack. The remainder of the record is either devoted to '80s artifacts -- there's really no other word for leftovers from Wang Chung or songs by Karla DeVito, Jesse Johnson, and Elizabeth Daily, or forgettable instrumentals by Keith Forsey. Ironically, the very fact that the soundtrack is disposable makes it all the more a time capsule and thereby interesting, but don't expect to be blown away by anything outside of Simple Minds' undisputed masterpiece. By the way, nothing is more emblematic of the Reagan era than the fact that a worthy band became famous -- in fact, synonymous -- for a song they didn't write. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
SoundtrackPitch Perfect (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
$21.75 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 35 ratings.
Based on 35 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE