- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 16, 2010
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Walt Disney Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Capturing Dickens: A Novel Retelling - Journey Through The Creative Process and See How This Time-Traveling Holiday Ghost Story Came To Life
- On Set With Sammi - A Kid's Eye View Of An "Anything-But-Average" Day
- Deleted Scenes
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Chicago Sun-Times - 11/05/2009
4 stars out of 4 -- "DISNEY'S A CHRISTMAS CAROL by Robert Zemeckis is an exhilarating visual experience and proves for the third time he's one of the few directors who knows what he's doing with 3-D."
Box Office - 11/03/2009
4 stars out of 5 -- "Serving up a great treat for the holidays, the director has brought this Charles Dickens classic to such vivid life that in some ways you feel like you are experiencing it for the first time."
New York Times - 11/06/2009
"[S]hiny seasonal entertainment....It sticks close to some of the sturdy virtues of the source material."
Movieline - 11/06/2009
"As a surface display of cutting-edge technical wizardry, the endeavor succeeds."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/13/2009
"Marvelous and touching....And the miracle is that it goes right back to the gilded Victorian spirit of those black-and-white films of yore." -- Grade: A
Chicago Sun-Times - 12/24/2009
Included in Chicago Sun-Times's "The Ten Best Animated Films Of 2009" -- "[Zemeckis] creates a fantastical vision of the familiar Dickens tale."
Total Film - 12/01/2010
3 stars out of 5 -- "The world's a treat...an icy Victorian London smothered in fog and warmed by fires and flickering lamplight."
Premiere - 11/16/2010
3 stars out of 4 -- "A faithful retelling of Charles Dickens' classic tale of Ebenezer Scrooge through director Robert Zemeckis' love of motion capture film-making technology....It definitely adds to the 160-year-old story of redemption..."
Director Robert Zemeckis (THE POLAR EXPRESS) continues to work his holiday magic with A CHRISTMAS CAROL. This 3-D adaptation of the Charles Dickens classic will use the motion capture technology previously seen in the filmmaker's BEOWULF.
Animated Characters |
Based On A Novel |