- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 2, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Virgil Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Disc one:
- Audio commentary with director Aron Gaudet, producer Gita Pullapilly, and all three troop greeters from the film - Bill Knight, Joan Gaudet and Jerry Mundy
- Disc two:
- Behind-the-scenes look at the making of the music for the film
- POV filmmakers interviews with Aron Gaudet and Gita Pullapilly
- On the festival circuit with the troop greeters including several Q and As
- Paley Center Q&A with troop greeters Bill Knight and Jerry Mundy in NYC
- AARP awards - Bill, Joan, and Jerry accept the best documentary award
- Behind-the-scenes look at the filmmakers' wedding & real weddings Maine
- Remembering Kay - a short film featuring the oldest Maine troop greeter
- Special bonus scene plus several deleted, and extended scenes
- The Way We Get By theatrical trailers
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A.V. Club - 07/16/2009
"[A] somber study of perpetually unsettled lives....The movie is dotted with small, moving moments."
Box Office - 07/17/2009
4 stars out of 5 -- "THE WAY WE GET BY contains more useful, homespun philosophizing and genuine sentiment than a year's worth of narrative films. That it's so well made is a bonus."
Hollywood Reporter - 07/23/2009
"[A] racing portrait of three fascinating individuals....A stirring experience..."
Los Angeles Times - 08/14/2009
"[The film] is filled with a rare honesty and intimacy that makes for a rewarding, if largely heartbreaking, film experience."