Clark Terry Live on Qe2
Only 8 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.87 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.12 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 24, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Chiaroscuro Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Opus Ocean
- $0.99 on iTunes2.The Nearness of You
- $0.99 on iTunes3.East of the Sun (And West of the Moon) - (featuring Etta Jones)
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Etta's Fine & Mellow Blues - (featuring Etta Jones)
- 5.The Snapper
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Just Squeeze Me (But Don't Tease Me) - (featuring Vanessa Rubin)
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Is It True What They Say About Dixie?
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Everyday I Have the Blues - (featuring Carrie Smith)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Coffee Grinder Blues / Empty Bed Blues - (featuring Carrie Smith)
- $0.99 on iTunes10.The Hymn
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Shirley's Intro
- $0.99 on iTunes12.But Beautiful - (featuring Shirley Horn)
- $0.99 on iTunes13.The Theme
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Clark Terry (trumpet, flugelhorn); Shirley Horn (vocals, piano); Vanessa Rubin, Etta James, Carrie Smith (vocals); David Glasser (alto saxophone); Don Friedman (piano); Marcus McLaurine (bass); Sylvia Cuenca (drums).
Recorded live aboard the Queen Elizabeth 2 in November 1999.
Personnel: Clark Terry (trumpet, flugelhorn); Shirley Horn (vocals, piano); Etta Jones, Vanessa Rubin, Carrie Smith (vocals); David Glasser (alto saxophone); Don Friedman (piano); Sylvia Cuenca (drums).
Audio Mixer: Jon Bates.
Recording information: The Theater Aboard Queen Elizabeth, Altlantic Ocean (11/03/1999-11/07/1999).
Photographer: Rollo Phlecks.
Arranger: Etta Jones.
Flugelhornist Clark Terry, who was nearly 79 at the time of this live recording, was still in fine form; in fact, in remarkably good shape considering his age and his instrument. Terry and his regular band of the period (with altoist David Glasser, pianist Don Friedman, bassist Marcus McLaurine, and drummer Sylvia Cuenca) are joined on a number or two apiece by vocalists Shirley Horn ("But Beautiful"), Etta Jones ("East of the Sun"), Vanessa Rubin, and Carrie Smith, but it is the instrumentals (which include Terry's "Opus Ocean," "The Nearness of You," "The Snapper," and "Is It True What They Say About Dixie") that are most memorable. As is typical of a Clark Terry set, the results are joyful, often humorous, and swinging. ~ Scott Yanow
It Had To Be You: 24 Standards In Singer's Keys (CD)
$18.71 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE