Mary Lou Williams Live at the Cookery
Only 8 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.38 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.61 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 9, 1994
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Chiaroscuro Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Praise the Lord
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Blues for Peter
- $0.99 on iTunes3.I Can't Get Started
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Roll 'Em
- $0.99 on iTunes5.The Jeep Is Jumpin'
- $0.99 on iTunes6.My Funny Valentine
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Waltz Boogie
- $0.99 on iTunes8.The Surrey With the Fringe on Top
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Man I Love, The - (previously unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes10.All Blues - (previously unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Mack the Knife - (previously unreleased)
- $0.99 on iTunes12.A Grand Night for Swinging
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Mary Lou Williams (piano), Brian Torff (bass).
Recorded at The Cookery, New York in November 1975. Includes original release liner notes by Peter O'Brien.
Personnel: Mary Lou Williams (piano).
Audio Remasterers: Fred Miller; Jon Bates.
Liner Note Author: Peter O'Brien.
Recording information: The Cookery, New York, NY (11/1975).
Editors: Fred Miller; Jon Bates.
Photographers: Ole Brask; Rollo Phlecks.
Unknown Contributor Role: Barney Josephson.
This CD gives one a definitive look at talented pianist Mary Lou Williams in her later years. In these duets with bassist Brian Torff, Williams essentially takes listeners on a trip through the history of jazz, from hymns and blues to stride, swing, and bop (including "All Blues"). The CD reissue adds three fine performances to the original program. Recommended. ~ Scott Yanow
It Had To Be You: 24 Standards In Singer's Keys (CD)
$18.71 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE