Roger Whittaker Very Best of Roger Whittaker
|CYBER SALE:||$8.44 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.55 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 1, 1996
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Universal I.S.
- 1.Durham Town - (studio)
- 2.Last Farewell, The - (studio)
- 3.Morning Has Broken - (studio)
- 4.Mamy Blue - (studio)
- 5.Skye Boat Song, The - (studio)
- 6.Morning Please Don't Come - (studio)
- 7.Quel Monde Merveilleux (What A Wonderful World) - (studio)
- 8.He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother - (studio)
- 9.New World In The Morning - (studio)
- 10.I Don't Believe In If Anymore - (studio)
- 11.Streets Of London - (studio)
- 12.Mexican Whistler - (studio)
- 13.Dirty Old Town - (studio)
- 14.Taste Of Honey, A - (studio)
- 15.Good Morning Starshine - (studio)
- 16.By The Time I Get To Phoenix - (studio)
- 17.From Both Sides Now - (studio)
- 18.Why - (studio)
Originally released as a 2 LP set.
British baritone Roger Whitaker has become a standard in the ballad-pop genre over his thirty-year career. This collection of hits includes the chart-topping career-maker from the 1970s, "The Last Farewell," as well as "Morning Has Broken" and "Good Morning Starshine."
This 16-track, 54-minute discount-priced anthology eschews the greatest-hits approach (the nearest thing is the 1978 easy-listening chart entry "If I Knew Just What to Say") in favor of Roger Whittaker's takes on ballads and light pop songs of the 1970s, most associated with other performers. As usual, Whittaker's interpretations are simultaneously warm and uninvolved, which means he is more effective on the more generic material but out of his depth with the relative complexity of "Imagine" or "Send In the Clowns." Yet his unvarying evenness of tone can also do a disservice to songs that have benefited from more impassioned readings -- for example, in Barbra Streisand's hands, "Evergreen" sounds like a powerful song not just because she's a great singer, but also because she brings such conviction to it. Listen to Whittaker sing it, and you realize what a mediocre song it is. ~ William Ruhlmann
Roger WhittakerAll of My Life: The Very Best of Roger Whittaker [BMG...
$8.67 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE