- Released: June 22, 2010
- Originally Released: 1961
- Label: Collector's Choice
Description by OLDIES.com:
These two 1961 albums -- presented here in their original stereo mixes -- represented an effort by Bobby to move beyond the limitations of his teen idol persona. By recording a live album at the Copa, Bobby was following a well-trodden trail left by other pop male vocalists like Bobby Darin and Paul Anka, and "The Great Ones" in the title of the first record refers to the songs from The Great American Songbook that he covers on the album.
Record Collector (magazine) - p.863 stars out of 5
-- "[It] does include a minor gem with 'Don't Be Afraid (To Fall In Love)', which floats gently on a muted recurring melodic riff."
- 2.That Old Black Magic
- 3.All Of You
- 5.April Showers
- 6.Everything's Coming Up Roses
- 7.There's A Rainbow 'Round My Shoulder
- 8.This Could Be The Start Of Something Big
- 9.So Rare
- 10.Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams
- 11.The Birth Of The Blues
- 12.Nice Work If You Can Get It
- 13.A Lot Of Living To Do
- 15.That Old Black Magic
- 16.They Don't Write 'Em Like That Anymore
- 17.Medley: The Music Goes 'Round and Round'/Mairzy Doats / Hut Sut Song / Open the Door Richard / Caldonia / Aba Daba Honeymoon / Three Little Fishes / Flat Foot Floogie (with a Floy Floy)/Wild One / Swingin' School / Kissin' Time / We Got Love / Volare
- 18.Homesick That's All
- 19.Old Man River
- 20.Don't Be Afraid (To Fall In Love)
- 22.Bless Them All / Bill Bailey
Personnel: Ray Deeley (drums).
Liner Note Authors: James Ritz; Al Cahn; Stuart Smith.
Recording information: Bell Sound, NY (07/04/1961); The Copacabana (07/04/1961); Bell Sound, NY (11/1960-01/1961); The Copacabana (11/1960-01/1961).
Arrangers: Dave Appell; Joe Zito.