Out of Nowhere
Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$13 (68% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Tommy Emmanuel ~ Live One (2-CD) ~ $27.59
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Label: Heads Up
- 1.Outpost Radio
- 2.Allergic to Gravity
- 3.Cagey Bee
- 4.Come With Me Anyway
- 5.Natasha, Havana
- 7.New Russian
- 8.Lake Baikal
- 9.On the Tundra
- 10.Vodka Diaries
- 11.And Then, Nika...
- 12.Indigo Breeze
- 13.Out of Nowhere
- 14.Evidence of Things Not Seen
- 15.Searching For Power
Two Siberians: Yuri Matveyev (electric guitar); Artyom Yakushenko (violin).
Additional personnel: Richard Bona (vocals, bass instrument); Nina Hennessey (vocals); Don Byron (clarinet); Michael Brecker (tenor saxophone); George Whitty (synthesizer); Matthew Garrison (bass guitar); Mino Cinelu, Steve Berrios (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Lorna Graham.
There's an inspiring story behind this album: guitarist Yuri Matveyev and violinist Artyom Yakushenko grew up in the Siberian town of Irkutsk, where they were eventually brought together by their obsession with their instruments and their love of a wide variety of music. Their wildly energetic jazz-folk-rock performances earned them enthusiastic audiences (but not much money) in their native region, so they traveled to New York, where an American fan of theirs was also a music industry figure. Despite a rapturous response from audiences in clubs and on the streets of Manhattan, no record deal was forthcoming, so their American friend sold some of his assets and produced the record himself, recruiting such sidemen as clarinetist Don Byron, saxophonist Michael Brecker, and percussionist Mino Cinelu. This album is the result, and it's a delight. From the klezmer-flavored "And Then, Nika..." to the Latin grooves of "Natasha, Havana" and "Indigo Breeze," and from the spare textures of Matveyev's impressive guitar solo "Cagey Bee" (har, har) to the lush beauty of the title track, this is an album that inspires whether or not you know the story behind it. One or two tracks get just a bit long-winded and overblown, but for the most part the music is tight, original, and strangely hooky. All of it is extremely well played. ~ Rick Anderson
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 63,366
- UPC: 053361309626
- Shipping Weight: 0.20/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE