Camel Moonmadness [Bonus Tracks]
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 3, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Polygram Uk
Record Collector (magazine) - p.804 stars out of 5 -- "[A] concept set...throwing in some grand, Oldfield-like instrumental pomp."
- 1.Aristillus - (studio)
- 2.Song Within A Song - (studio)
- 3.Chord Change - (studio)
- 4.Spirit Of The Water - (studio)
- 5.Another Night - (studio)
- 6.Air Born - (studio)
- 7.Lunar Sea - (studio)
- 8.Another Night (Single Version) - (studio)
- 9.Spirit Of The Water (Demo Recording At Basing St Studios 26 01 1976) - (studio)
- 10.Song Within A Song (Live At Hammersmith Odeon, London, 14 04 1976) - (studio)
- 11.Lunar Sea (Live At Hammersmith Odeon, London, 14 04 1976) - (studio)
- 12.Preparation- Dunkirk (Live At Hammersmith Odeon, London, 14 04 1976) - (studio)
MOONMADNESS, the album from Camel, returns in this remastered rerelease.
This CD includes four formerly unavailable tracks.
Personnel: Andy Latimer (vocals, guitar, flute); Peter Bardens (vocals, keyboards); Doug Ferguson (vocals); Andy Ward (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixer: Mark Powell.
Recording information: Basing Street Studios; Hammersmith Odeon, London, England.
Abandoning the lovely soundscapes of Snow Goose, Camel delved into layered guitar and synthesizers similar to those of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here on the impressive Moonmadness. Part of the reason behind the shift in musical direction was the label's insistence that Camel venture into more commercial territory after the experimental Snow Goose, and it is true that the music on Moonmadness is more akin to traditional English progressive rock, even though it does occasionally dip into jazz-fusion territory with syncopated rhythms and shimmering keyboards. Furthermore, the songs are a little more concise and accessible than those of its predecessor. That doesn't mean Camel has abandoned art. Moonmadness is indeed a concept album, based loosely on the personalities of each member -- "Chord Change" is Peter Bardens, "Air Born" is Andy Latimer, "Lunar Sea" is Andy Ward and "Another Night" is Doug Ferguson. Certainly, it's a concept that is considerably less defined than that of Snow Goose, and the music isn't quite as challenging, yet that doesn't mean that Moonmadness is devoid of pleasure. In fact, with its long stretches of atmospheric instrumentals and spacy solos, it's quite rewarding. ~ Daevid Jehnzen
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE