On the Fast Track
Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$4.19 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$7.79 (65% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: June 26, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Heads Up
JazzTimes - 10/01, p.84"...Some of his most exciting work...infectious and fun..."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
This is an Enhanced CD, which contains regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.
Personnel includes: Gerald Veasley (various instruments); Chris Farr (saxophone); Matt Cappy (trumpet); John Swana (flugelhorn); Jeff Bradshaw (trombone); Tony Miceli (vibraphone); Donald Robinson (piano, Fender Rhodes piano); Richard Waller, Ted Thomas (drums).
Producers include: Gerald Veasley, Richard Waller III, Donald Robinson.
Engineers include: Richard Waller III, Gerald Veasley, Mike Harmon.
Personnel: Gerald Veasley (guitar, keyboards, 6-string bass, drum programming); Gerald Veasley (various instruments, programming); Randy Bowland (guitar); Chris Farr (saxophone); Christopher Farr (soprano saxophone, tenor saxophone); Matt Cappy (trumpet); John Swana (flugelhorn); Will Brock (piano); Mark Knox (keyboards); Harry "Butch" Reed, Ted Thomas (drums); Richard Waller III (shaker, drum programming); Pablo Batista (congas, percussion).
Recording information: Maja Audio Group, Philadelphia, PA (2001); New Sound Productions, Philadelphia, PA (2001); Radio Active Productions, Philadelphia, PA (2001); Studio Crash, Philadelphia, PA (2001); Supreme Sound Studio, Philadelphia, PA (2001); The Soul Lab, Philadelphia, PA (2001); The Upper Room, Philadelphia, PA (2001); Walcolm Music (2001); Walcom Music, Philadelphia, PA (2001).
Photographer: Robert Hoffman.
Arrangers: Gerald Veasley; Richard Waller III.
For his fifth album as a leader (not counting the many he recorded as part of the Joe Zawinul Syndicate and as a member of Grover Washington, Jr.'s backing band), six-string bassist Gerald Veasley pushes the smooth jazz envelope a bit. Those who like their grooves gentle and their textures lush will still find plenty to like here -- the rich strings on his cover of Stevie Wonder's "Do I Do," for instance, or the sweet and lovely "Goodnight Moon," written in honor of Washington. But there's a certain toughness at the center of the music this time out, and a greater willingness to let loose. The massed horns of "Kickin' 22 Express," the driving mid-tempo funk of his arrangement of the Ramsey Lewis classic "The In Crowd," the snaky and virtuosic unison lines on "You Asked for It" -- all of these point to someone who is not ultimately satisfied with just creating pleasantly swinging background music. More power to him. ~ Rick Anderson
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 24,073
- UPC: 053361306229
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale Product Series:
- Cannonball Adderley / Bill Evans Know What I Mean? (CD) ~ $4.19 CYBER WEEK
- Tim Armacost Fire (CD) ~ $4.19 CYBER WEEK
- Cybotron Cyber Ghetto (CD) ~ $4.19 CYBER WEEK
- Cybotron Empathy (CD) ~ $4.19 CYBER WEEK
- The B-Side Players Fire in the Youth (CD) ~ $4.19 CYBER WEEK
Jazz General Music Categories:
- 3 Cohens Braid (CD) ~ $15.28 CYBER WEEK
- The 6 & 7 / 8s String Band Echoes of Tom Anderson's: The New Orleans String Jazz (2-CD) ~ $26.26 CYBER WEEK
- Aardvark Jazz Orchestra Impressions (CD) ~ $15.39 CYBER WEEK
- Aaron Diehl The Bespoke Man's Narrative (CD) ~ $16.18 CYBER WEEK
- Aaron Diehl Space Time Continuum (CD) ~ $16.18 CYBER WEEK