Stevie Ray Vaughan Couldn't Stand the Weather [Legacy Edition] (2-CD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.57 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.41 (15% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 27, 2010
- Label: Sony Legacy
Entertainment Weekly - 4/2/99, p.95"The late Texas guitarist was a fiercely distinctive blues-rock phenom whose sensitivity and imagination justified his rapid rise to prominence..."
Q - 5/95, p.1384 Stars - Excellent - "...Vaughan's post-Hendrix Stratocasting still sparkles....a reminder of the wit that often informed his phrasing and his willingness to torch them boundaries..."
Down Beat - p.764 stars out of 5 -- "In studio and onstage, he morphs pitch-bending into a visceral art form....This roadhouse veteran sings quite well."
Record Collector (magazine) - p.973 stars out of 5 -- "[L]istening to him shred strings in front of an audience reminds us why he's so sorely missed."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Scuttle Buttin'
- 2.Couldn't Stand the Weather
- 3.Things, The (That) I Used to Do
- 4.Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
- 5.Cold Shot
- 6.Tin Pan Alley (Roughest Place in Town)
- 7.Honey Bee
- 8.Stang's Swang
- 9.Empty Arms
- 10.Come On, Pt. 3
- 11.Look at Little Sister
- 12.Sky Is Crying [1984 Version], The - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Hide Away
- 14.Give Me Back My Wig
- 15.Boot Hill [1984 Version] - (previously unreleased)
- 17.Close to You
- 18.Little Wing
- 19.Stang's Swang [Alternate Take] - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Testify - (previously unreleased, live)
- 2.Voodoo Child (Slight Return) - (previously unreleased, live)
- 3.Things, The (That) I Used to Do - (previously unreleased, live)
- 4.Honey Bee - (previously unreleased, live)
- 5.Couldn't Stand the Weather - (previously unreleased, live)
- 6.Cold Shot - (previously unreleased, live)
- 7.Tin Pan Alley (Roughest Place in Town) - (previously unreleased, live)
- 8.Love Struck Baby - (previously unreleased, live)
- 9.Texas Flood - (previously unreleased, live)
- 10.Band Intros / Encores - (previously unreleased, live)
- 11.Stang's Swang - (previously unreleased, live)
- 12.Lenny - (previously unreleased, live)
- 13.Pride and Joy - (previously unreleased, live)
Master Sound releases are 24-karat gold CDs remastered from first generation masters. This process utilizes 20-bit technology and Sony's "Super Bit Mapping" system.
Personnel: Stevie Ray Vaughan (guitar, vocals); Jimmie Vaughan (guitar); Stan Harrison (tenor saxophone); Tommy Shannon (bass); Chris "Whipper" Layton, Fran Christina (drums).
Producers: Chris Layton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tommy Shannon, Richard Mullen, Jim Capfer.
Personnel: Stevie Ray Vaughan (vocals, guitar); Chris Layton (drums).
Liner Note Author: Andy Aledort.
Recording information: The Power Station, New York (01/1984); The Spectrum, Montreal (01/1984); The Power Station, New York (08/17/1984); The Spectrum, Montreal (08/17/1984).
Photographers: James Minchin III; Jean Krettler; Robert Matheu; Benno Friedman.
Stevie Ray was already the hottest act in Austin, Texas, way before David Bowie used his guitar on "Let's Dance." Vaughan's 1983 debut album, TEXAS FLOOD, had alerted the world to a new guitar phenomenon who combined the blues power of Freddie and Albert King with the inspired ferocity of Jimi Hendrix. He made the Hendrix connection plain with his take on "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)," which rapidly became a concert highlight. At the other extreme was "Tin Pan Alley," a slow blues made famous by Jimmy Wilson but now associated with the Texas hotshot. This was the time when Stevie Ray's celebrity and status among his peers was at least the equal of Eric Clapton. The pitfalls were beckoning.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of Bobby Bland - 20th Century Masters / Millennium... (CD)(7)
$8.84 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE