- Theatrical Trailers
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: March 28, 2006
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Note: This release features extended rare film footage shown on DVD for the very first time.
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Mono - English, French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- THX Certified Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailers (Entire Movie Series)
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- DVD-ROM Features:
- Weblinks: Self-Contained Website (Behind the Scenes, Game, Additional Content)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Washington Post - 11/20/2009
"The animated movie succeeds as a gently wry twist on E.T."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Mankind's ultimate adventure is now the ultimate DVD experience! This digitally remastered, extended edition, now presented with its best-ever sound, thrilling, behind-the-scenes material - and ten minutes of additional, never-before-released footage - is the definitive presentation of Battle for the Planet of the Apes
- the final entry in one of the most gripping sci-fi film series ever made!
Intelligent apes have inherited the Earth and coexist peaceably with humans. But idyllic balance of this new world is shattered when militant gorillas and a tribe of mutant humans clash with the benevolent leader (Roddy McDowall), pitting man against ape in an explosive final conflict!
The fifth and final episode in the Planet of the Apes series. After the collapse of human civilization, a community of intelligent apes lives in harmony with a group of humans, but a community of mutants who reside beneath a destroyed city try to conquer those whom they perceive as enemies. Footage from the previous installments is effective in providing background information as flashbacks in an attempt to bring the series to a logical finish. A later television series attempted to rekindle original plotlines with newer ones.
- Final film in the five part series.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Additional cast: Robert Porter (Cornelius) and Noah Keen (Teacher).