Roy Budd Get Carter [1971 British Score] [2010 Revised Edition]
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.52 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.16 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Get Carter (Widescreen) ~ $14.39 (Save 20%)
- Released: August 10, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Silva America
Mojo (Publisher) - 6/02, p.66Included in Mojo's "100 Coolest Movie Soundtracks" - "...Fittingly spare and eerie..."
Record Collector (magazine) - p.925 stars out of 5 -- "[A soundtrack] by the great British pianist-composer Roy Budd..."
- 2.Dialogue: "Is There a Mr. Carter in the Room?"
- 3.Main Theme: Carter Takes a Train
- 4.Dialogue: "Do You Know a Man Called Albert Swift?"
- 5.Looking for Someone
- 6.Dialogue: The Race Track
- 7.Something on My Mind
- 8.Dialogue: "Who Killed Frank?"
- 9.Getting Nowhere in a Hurry
- 10.Dialogue: "Tell Me About the Girl"
- 11.The Girl in the Car
- 12.Dialogue: "I Fancy You"
- 13.Love Is a Four Letter Word
- 14.Dialogue: "You're Lucky, They Kill as Well"
- 15.Livin' Should Be This Way
- 16.Dialogue: "All It Takes Is One Call to the Police"
- 18.Dialogue: "Drink Up, Eric"
- 19.Goodbye Eric!
- 20.Dialogue: "I Want You to Listen Very Carefully"
- 22.Dialogue: "You're a Big Man But You're in Bad Shape"
- 24.Dialogue: "Stay Away from the Car or I'll Blow You Apart"
- 25.Goodbye Carter!
- 26.Dialogue: "Talk or I'll Kill You"
- 27.Hallucinations [Instrumental]
- 28.Getting Nowhere in a Hurry [Instrumental]
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Original score composed by Roy Budd.
Includes liner notes by Mike Hodges, Paul Fishman, and Charlie Galloway.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Composer: Roy Budd.
Personnel: Roy Budd (piano); Judd Proctor, Brian Daly (guitar); Jeff Clyne (double bass, bass guitar); Chris Karan (drums, tabla, percussion).
Audio Remasterer: Paul Fishman.
Liner Note Authors: Mike Hodges; Johnny Turnbull; Roy Carr; Paul Fishman; Jonathan Ross; Jeff Clyne; Mickey Gallagher; Chris Karan.
Recording information: Olympic Studios, London Barnes.
Excepting only the work of the great Lalo Schifrin, Roy Budd's Get Carter was the best theme in the lucrative world of spy/gangster/heist soundtracks from the late '60s and early '70s. Underpinning the tense strength of director Mike Hodges' film about a hit man turned avenging angel, the film's main theme ("Carter Takes a Train") is a paranoid, hallucinatory title that deftly played up the menace of Michael Caine's character. Interested parties who've only heard the legend of Get Carter, however, may not find much else to interest them; those who've seen it can carry a bit more, but most of these tracks are titles to a film, and don't escape the period feel. The fine collections Rebirth of the Budd or Buddism are both better purchases toward understanding the brilliance of Roy Budd. ~ John Bush
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Music from the Original... (CD)(171)
$9.72 Super Savings
Alvin and the Chipmunks [Original Soundtrack] (CD)(80)
$4.85 Super Savings
Me and You and Everyone We Know [Original Score] (CD)(8)
$12.87 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE