Carl Smith Happy Birthday My Darlin'
- Released: March 15, 2010
- Label: Righteous
Description by OLDIES.com:
Import collection from the Country Music great, a fine selection of Carl's most lovelorn and downbeat tunes. Perfect bar room depression stories from the man known as 'Mr Country' who was once married to June Carter Cash and the glorious unsung Goldie Hill. The tracks have been selected from his Hickory Records' releases, purely to get maximum tear jerking points. Beyond his rootsy Rockabilly sound into a world of wanton tunes delivered to his other halves after, inevitably, something had gone horribly wrong. Fine vocal performances from the lived-in vocal of one of Country Music's most bereft crooners.
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1113 stars out of 5 -- "[H]e could deliver rueful, whiskey-flavoured, goodbye songs..."
- 1.Did We Have To Come This Far To Say Goodbye
- 2.Dreaming Again
- 3.Drinking Champagne
- 4.The Girl I Love
- 5.Give Me Liberty Or Give Me All Your Love
- 6.Happy Birthday My Darlin'
- 7.I Can't Get That Last Memory Down
- 8.I Can't Get You Out of My Mind
- 9.Its Teardrop Time
- 10.Just Because I'm Still In Love With You
- 11.Lost Highway
- 12.May You Never Be Alone
- 13.Not Once But A Hundred Times
- 14.A Pair of Wings For Me
- 15.Remembered By Someone (Remembered By Me)
- 16.She Is
- 17.Silver - Tongued Cowboy
- 18.There's Nobody Home On The Range Anymore
- 19.This Kinda Love Ain't Meant For Sunday School
- 20.One Thing Leads To Another
- 21.Till I Stop Needing You
- 22.The Way I Lose My Mind
Liner Note Author: Dave Henderson.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Don't Just Stand There: 20 Greatest Hits (Import) (CD)
$11.12 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE