Klaus Schulze La Vie Electronique, Volume 4 (3-CD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$16.73 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.26 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: August 10, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Revisited Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Shadow Piece
- 2.I Sing the Body Electric: Dark Carnival
- 3.I Sing the Body Electric: Dinosaur Tales
- 4.I Sing the Body Electric: Ghost of Forever
- 5.I Sing the Body Electric: The Machineries of Joy
- 6.I Sing the Body Electric: Fever Dream
- 7.I Sing the Body Electric: Farewell Summer
- 8.Das Herz von Gr”nland
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.The Andromeda Strain: G„rung
- 2.The Andromeda Strain: Die Macht der Bilder
- 3.The Andromeda Strain: Kurzer Ohren Film
- 4.The Andromeda Strain: Bilderleben
- 5.Make Room, Make Room!: Les Extrˆmes Se Touchent
- 6.Make Room, Make Room!: Thomas Mann in Princetown
- 7.Make Room, Make Room!: F�r Konrad Bayer
- 8.Darkest Steglitz
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Liner Note Author: Darren Bergstein.
Recording information: 1975-1976.
Photographer: Klaus D. Mueller.
Volune Four in this series of triple-CD sets reissuing the contents of the deleted Ultimate Edition box set focuses on live recordings from the years 1975 and 1976. It was a highly creative period in Klaus Schulze's career, one where he found and fully developed what is now referred to as his "classic sound," the era that spawned albums like Timewind and Moondawn. It was also a time when he toured regularly, and he used to record every show, which he listened to later the same night. Most of the room on the three CDs is filled up by long continuous live sets: four of them, ranging from a half-hour ("Make Room, Make Room!") to a whopping 73 minutes ("Just an Old-Fashioned Schulze Track"). There are also three shorter pieces (8 to 14 minutes long), probably encores. Sound quality is very good, though the tapes show occasional wear and tear. The music is very strong, but generally less inspired than the live material found on La Vie Electronique 3. "Just an Old-Fashioned Schulze Track" is far from perfect, but it definitely has its classic moments. Its first half is marred by a bad sequence that runs too fast to set an appropriate mood, but later on comes a magnificent organ section. "I Sing the Body Electric" (49 minutes) uses the beginning of "Mindphaser" (from Moondawn) as a springboard for some beautiful spatial explorations -- that one is the highlight of this collection. Get volumes two and three first -- and the expanded reissue of Live, but don't pass over this one if you can help it. ~ Fran‡ois Couture
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE