- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 7, 2003
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 02/03/1995
"...Full-throttle direction makes for fitful, frightful fun..."
Entertainment Weekly - 07/21/1995
"...A big-budget gore movie that actually delivers the low-budget goods....Consistently fun." -- Rating: A-
Variety - 01/16/1995
"...A fang-in-cheek horror thriller that likely will please fans....Zane takes top acting honors, playing the Collector with a winning mix of insinuating menace and smart-alecky flamboyance..."
New York Times - 01/13/1995
"...The movie has a good time spoofing itself....[With] a look and tone that bring a comic-book's broad strokes into the realm of a live-action movie....The movie wears a phosphorescent grin..."
Los Angeles Times - 01/13/1995
"...Zane is wittily seductive..."
The Collector, a mysterious force of evil, hungers for possession of a key that will give him access to the monsters of Hell. But he cannot get the precious object away from Brayker, the key's guardian. The two begin an apocalyptic struggle, as The Collector summons carnivorous demons and orders them to destroy any obstacles to the key. But the key has provided Brayker with a magical talisman to keep him safe: the sacred blood of Jesus Christ. However, this power begins to weaken with time, and Brayker must come up with another form of protection... or else his flesh will be dessert.
Good Vs. Evil |
Psychic Forces |
- Shot in DeLuxe color; in Anamorphic.
- Sound in DTS Stereo.
- Songs performed by Pantera, Megadeth, Rollins Band, and Gravediggaz.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1994 Tales from the Crypt Holdings.