March of the Penguins (Widescreen)
Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$11 (73% Off)|
- Theatrical Trailer
- Languages: English & Spanish
- Subtitles in English, French & Spanish
- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 29, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Surround 5.1 English
- Dolby Surround 5.1 Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- 8 BALL BUNNY: A classic WB animated short with Bugs Bunny and a penguin
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- CRITTERCAM : EMPEROR PENGUINS: penguin diving and feeding
- OF MEN AND PENGUINS: The incredible filmmaking process of the movie
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Luc Jacquet|
|Narrated by||Morgan Freeman|
|Screenwriting by||Luc Jacquet & Michel Fessler|
|Composition by||Alex Wurman|
|Produced by||Yves Darondeau, Emmanuel Priou & Christophe Lioud|
|Director of Photography:||Laurent Chalet & Jerome Maison|
|Executive Production by||Ilann Girard|
"MARCH OF THE PENGUINS makes a compelling case for celebrating the glory of all living things..."
"The feeling that these creatures are brave, indomitable souls surviving unimaginable physical hardship for the sake of their families is inescapable."
"[A]s uplifting as anything you will find in theaters as the birds' struggle encompasses all the elements of great drama."
"A cinematic experience that is dazzlingly different from anything currently in theaters, MARCH OF THE PENGUINS captivates with its straightforward but powerful story of dogged determination, survival against harsh odds and sacrifice."
"[A] wondrous look at the emperor penguins of Antarctica....Morgan Freeman provides the sturdy narration."
"This is a story about biological imperative, albeit an extraordinary and impressive one, superbly filmed under the most extreme conditions."
3 stars out of 4 -- "[B]est appreciated on its simplest level. That is, as a nature documentary. One with neat-looking penguins who exist in a realm that has very little to do with humankind."
"[A] surprising, endearing and cuddly underdog triumph..."
Ranked #25 in Rolling Stone's "Top 25 DVDs Of 2005' -- "[M]agnificently filmed....Popular favorite for the year's best documentary."
3 stars out of 5 -- "Certainly it's a gripping tale....Taking us to a place many will never visit, a naturallly spectacular icy wasteland that plummets to 80 degrees below zero."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Narrated by Morgan Freeman, March of the Penguins is an amazing, awe-inspiring, all-ages, true-life tale touched with humor and alive with thrills. Breathtaking photography captures the transcendent beauty and staggering you-are-there drama of devoted parent penguins who, in the face of the fierce polar winter, take turns guarding their egg and trekking to the ocean in search of food. Predators hunt them, storms lash them. But the safety of their adorable, fuzzy chicks makes it all worthwhile. So follow the leader...to adventure!
Description by Warner Home Video:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 491 ratings.
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- They Made Me a Criminal / Lady Gangster (DVD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- 3 Pack Action: The Delta Force / Delta Force 2 / Code of Silence (DVD) ~ $2.38 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.