- Original Theatrical Trailers
- 3 Bonus Shorts: The Talking Car, Split-Second Decision and Hot Rod Girls.
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: March 7, 2006
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 1.0 L/R - English
- Additional Release Material:
- 30-second spot for THUNDER IN DIXIE
- 20-second spot for THUNDER IN DIXIE
- Classroom Safety Short, THE TALKING CAR
- Widescreen "Driveavision" Traffic Safety Short, SPLIT SECOND DECISIONS
- Glamour Girl Short, HOT ROD GIRLS
- SPEED LOVERS
- RACERS FROM HELL
- RED HOT WHEELS
- ROAD OF DEATH
- ROAD RACERS
- ROAD REBELS
- THE YOUNG RACERS
- Photo Galleries: Exploitation Art with Audio Oddities
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Speedsploitation! "Punk kid" Scott Clayton wants to be a racing champ despite having zero racing experience. Getting no help from real-life champ Fred Lorenzen, or from his own father, Lorenzen's head mechanic, the "ambitious young boy with a chip on his shoulder" tries to drive for Vanessa Hamilton's team. But since Vanessa would rather snag Lorenzen than dumb Scott, she hopes to pressure Scott's dad by setting the kid up with oddball gangster Pinkerton Bentley and his bikini clad "collection of playthings".... With a healthy emphasis on music, '60s go-go gals, and racing-car smash-ups, Speed Lovers
is a wild and wacky one-man regional rarity - "Filmed in Speedcolor!"
Plus: Blaming former best friend Mickey Arnold for the accident that killed his fiancee, stock-car jockey Ticker Welsh goes head to head with him at the "Dixie 400" - "a grueling 400-mile race with instant death" - to settle old scores and raise some serious Thunder in Dixie! Hard boiled and surprisingly intense, this revved-up actioner also features a log-cabin nightclub where stripper Sheri Benet does "her exotically famous chichi dance!" So if you're on the wagon and your tailpipe's a-draggin' these two rubber-burning mini-classics will strip your gears and pop your clutch! Vroooooooooooooom...
A double feature boasting lots of 1960s flesh, this set pairs up the following two films.
SPEED LOVERS: Written, directed by, and starring William F. McGaha, this action-packed feature explores what happens when an aspiring racecar driver gets mixed up with a team of go-go girls.
THUNDER IN DIXIE: This film also focuses for the most part on car racing, but like SPEED LOVERS, provides plenty of distraction in the form of stripper fun.
Car / Automobile Racing