I Am My Brother's Keeper [Bonus Tracks]
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by David Ruffin ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $6.74
- by Jimmy Ruffin ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $3.99
- by David Ruffin ~ David ~ $16.57
- by David Ruffin ~ The Ultimate Collection ~ $7.38
- Released: August 16, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Hip-O Select
- 1.He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- 2.Stand by Me
- 3.When My Love Hand Comes Down
- 4.Got to See If I Can't Get Mommy (To Come Back Home)
- 5.Your Love Was Worth Waiting For
- 6.Steppin' on a Dream
- 7.Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)
- 8.True Love Can Be Beautiful
- 9.Turn Back the Hands of Time
- 10.Set 'Em Up (Move in for the Thrill)
- 11.The Things We Have to Do
- 12.Lo and Behold
- 13.You're What I Need (Not What I Want) - (previously unreleased)
- 14.Stand by Me [Brothers Mix] - (remix, previously unreleased)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Liner Note Authors: Junius Griffin; Stu Hackel.
Recording information: Studio B (02/23/1969); Studio B (03/06/1970); Studio B (03/16/1970); Studio B (03/18/1969); Studio B (03/18/1970); Studio B (03/30/1970); Studio B (04/01/1970); Studio B (04/08/1970); Studio B (04/13/1970); Studio B (04/14/1970); Studio B (04/15/1970); Studio B (04/16/1790); Studio B (04/16/1970); Studio B (04/17/1970); Studio B (04/18/1970); Studio B (04/20/1970); Studio B (04/21/1970); Studio B (04/22/1970); Studio B (04/23/1970); Studio B (04/24/1969); Studio B (04/25/1970); Studio B (04/27/1969); Studio B (04/27/1970); Studio B (04/28/1970); Studio B (04/29/1970); Studio B (04/30/1970); Studio B (06/07/1970).
Motown had a history of recording different artists together, so why not the Ruffin Brothers? Jimmy and David had both enjoyed success; Jimmy charted with "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted," and David had sung with the Temptations and enjoyed a solo hit with "My Whole World Ended." These songs have a harder sound then the brothers usually exhibit as solo artists. Four remakes nest with eight originals. While the former are done well, they won't make you forget the originals. "Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)," the Delfonics hit, is the most interesting of the re-recordings; the Ruffins give the sweet Philly song a rougher edge. Motown released the exciting, uptempo "When My Love Hand Comes Down" as a single, but it failed to establish the brothers as hitmakers. The confessional "Your Love Was Worth Waiting For" and "Got to See If I Can't Get Mommy (To Come Back Home)" are two sweeties; the latter begins with an endearing father to son monologue, and "He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother" is given an epic treatment. David's rough tenor and Jimmy's sweet tenor/baritone mesh well throughout an LP that should have been more successful. ~ Andrew Hamilton
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE