ABBA Voulez-Vous [Deluxe Edition] [Bonus Tracks] [Bonus DVD]
|You Save:||$2.80 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Released: May 31, 2010
- Label: Polydor Uk
Q - 9/01, p.1263 stars out of 5 - "...Represents Abba's last burst of omnipotence...sealing its reputation as their disco album..."
Uncut (magazine) - p.1014 stars out of 5 -- "In the SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER era they embraced disco...they stuck with the genre until 'Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)' hit the target."
- 1.As Good As New
- 2.Voulez - Vous
- 3.I Have A Dream
- 5.The King Has Lost His Crown
- 6.Does Your Mother Know
- 7.If It Wasn't For The Nights
- 9.Lovers (Live A Little Longer)
- 10.Kisses of Fire
- 11.Summer Night City (Full Length Version) (Bonus Track)
- 12.Lovelight (Bonus Track)
- 13.Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) (Bonus Track)
- 14.Dream World (Bonus Track)
- 15.Voulez - Vous (Extended Remix, 1979 Us promo) (Bonus Track)
- 16.Abba In Switzerland (television special, Bbc) (DVD)
- 17.Chiquitita (Music for Unicef) (DVD)
- 18.I Have A Dream (extended promo) (DVD)
- 19.If It Wasn't For The Nights (Mike Yarwood Christmas Show, Bbc) (DVD)
- 20.Chiquitita (Abba Snowtime, Bbc) (DVD)
- 21.Bjorn & Benny Interview (Multi - Coloured Swap Shop, Bbc) (DVD)
- 22.Greatest Hits Vol. 2 Television Commercial I (DVD)
- 23.Greatest Hits Vol. 2 Television Commercial Ii (DVD)
- 24.International Sleeve Gallery (DVD)
ABBA: Bjorn Ulvaeus (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, banjo); Benny Anderson (vocals, keyboards, synthesizer); Agnetha Faltskog, Anni Frid Lyngstad (vocals).
Additional personnel: Janne Schaffer, Ish Lededma, George Terry, Lasse Wellander (guitar); Jan Risberg (oboe); Lars O. Carlsson, Kajtek Wojciechowski, Halldor Palsson, Johan Stengard (tenor saxophone); Nils Landgren (trombone) Paul Harris (piano); Arnold Paseiro, Rutger Gunnarsson, Mike Watson (bass); Ola Brunkert, Joe Galdo, Rolf Alex (drums); International School Of Stockholm Choir (background vocals).
Recorded at Polar Music Studio, Stockholm, Sweden in 1978 & 1979. Includes reissue liner notes by Carl Magnus Palm.
Digitally remastered using 24-bit technology by Jon Astley.
1979's VOULEZ-VOUZ, the Swedish foursome's sixth album, was probably their commercial pinnacle, as nearly half of the album's ten tracks became substantial hits. The discofied title track, the anthemic "I Have A Dream," Bjorn Ulvaeus' vocal showcase "Does Your Mother Know?" and the UNICEF benefit single "Chiquitita" were inescapable on AM radio in the waning days of the '70s. However, those tracks aren't the album's only merits, as the bittersweet "Angeleyes" and the downright spiteful "The King Has Lost His Crown" are among ABBA's best and most beloved songs. In 1979, ABBA were the biggest-selling band in popular music. The slick yet substantial VOULEZ-VOUS shows why this position was justified.
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$4.48 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!