Albert Ayler New York Eye & Ear Control
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.42 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.56 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 30, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Esp Disk Ltd.
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Don Cherry (trumpet); John Tchicai (alto saxophone); Albert Ayler (tenor saxophone); Roswell Rudd (trombone); Sunny Murray (drums); Gary Peacock (upright bass).
A soundtrack to a film by avant-garde artist Michael Snow, NEW YORK EYE AND EAR CONTROL is regarded as the key to the collective improvisational music of its era. Recorded only seven days after SPIRITUAL UNITY, the album features Ayler at his most unconstrained. The trio of Ayler, Gary Peacock, and Sunny Murray used on SPIRITUAL UNITY is rounded out with Don Cherry (trumpet), John Tchicai (alto sax), and Roswell Rudd (trumpet).
NEW YORK EYE AND EAR CONTROL is not the most soothing record ever made. But there are moments, when all four horns lock into a theme as the bass and drums play off each other, when the results are remarkable. One can't help but wonder what this sextet would have evolved into had it made more than one recording.
New Grass / Music Is the Healing Force of the Universe (CD)
$13.97 Super Savings
Holy Ghost: Rare & Unissued Recordings (1962-70) (Live)... (CD)(17)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE