Albert Ayler New York Eye & Ear Control
Only 7 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.42 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.56 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 30, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Esp Disk Ltd.
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Don Cherry (trumpet); John Tchicai (alto saxophone); Albert Ayler (tenor saxophone); Roswell Rudd (trombone); Sunny Murray (drums); Gary Peacock (upright bass).
A soundtrack to a film by avant-garde artist Michael Snow, NEW YORK EYE AND EAR CONTROL is regarded as the key to the collective improvisational music of its era. Recorded only seven days after SPIRITUAL UNITY, the album features Ayler at his most unconstrained. The trio of Ayler, Gary Peacock, and Sunny Murray used on SPIRITUAL UNITY is rounded out with Don Cherry (trumpet), John Tchicai (alto sax), and Roswell Rudd (trumpet).
NEW YORK EYE AND EAR CONTROL is not the most soothing record ever made. But there are moments, when all four horns lock into a theme as the bass and drums play off each other, when the results are remarkable. One can't help but wonder what this sextet would have evolved into had it made more than one recording.
The House That Trane Built: The Best Of Impulse Records (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Holy Ghost: Rare & Unissued Recordings (1962-70) (Live)... (CD)
Live in Greenwich Village: The Complete Impulse Sessions... (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE