Keith Sweat Still in the Game
|You Save:||$0.73 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Clearance CDs with the ZHUS prefix may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: September 22, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Warner Bros Mod Afw
The Source - 12/98, p.224"...Sweat's sixth CD keeps things on the good foot, thanks to his by now patented blend of mid tempo...anthems and hip-hop flavored...throwdowns..."
- 1.Come and Get with Me - (featuring Snoop Dogg)
- 3.Can We Make Love
- 4.Let Me Have My Way
- 5.What Goes Around
- 6.Love Jones - (featuring Playa / Too $hort / Erick Sermon)
- 7.Too Hot
- 8.I'm Not Ready
- 9.Show U What Love Is - (featuring Ol Skool)
- 10.Just Another Day
- 11.You Know I Like
- 12.In Your Eyes
Personnel: Keith Sweat (vocals); Snoop Dogg, Erick Sermon, Too Short, Free, Jermaine Dupri (rap vocals); Flavahood (various instruments); Eugene People (acoustic guitar, keyboards); Allen "Grip" Smith (strings, keyboards); Wiz (keyboards, drums, programming); Tonyatta Martinez, Gazner Hughes (keyboards, programming, background vocals); Bobby Crawford, Jay Mack, Kevin "KJ" Johnson (keyboards, programming); Karl Heilbron (bass); Daryl "Dezo" Adams, Joe Little (drums, keyboard programming, background vocals); Marc Jenkins (programming, background vocals); Curtis Jefferson, Playa, Sherri Denise, Val Young, Nicarlo Williams, Ol Skool (background vocals).
Producers include: Keith Sweat, Wiz, Bobby Crawford, Daryl Adams, Jay Mack.
Engineers include: Karl Heilbron, Michelle Forbes, John Aguto.
Personnel: Keith Sweat (background vocals); Too $hort, Erick Sermon, Free, Jermaine Dupri, Snoop Dogg (rap vocals); Allen "Grip" Smith (strings, keyboards); Darryl Adams, Joe Little (keyboards, drums, programming, background vocals); The Wiz (keyboards, drums, programming); Tonyatta Martinez (keyboards, programming, background vocals); Bobby Crawford, Jay Mack (keyboards, programming); Marc Jenkins (programming, background vocals); Flavahood (programming); Curtis Jefferson, Nicarlo Williams, Ol Skool, Val Young (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Neil Pogue; Kevin "KD" Davis; Karl Heilbron.
Recording information: A&M Studios, Hollywood, CA; Battery Studios, New York, NYOakland City Studios; Sweat Shop, Atlanta, GA.
Photographer: Kevin Westenberg.
While he doesn't break much new ground on STILL IN THE GAME, you can't blame R&B heart-throb Sweat for sticking with a formula that works. His intimate, sensual vocal style has endeared him to untold numbers of R&B fans, and he puts his voice to work here in service of some state-of-the-art tunes. Naturally, romance is the order of the day, and Sweat issues invitations to love throughout this album on tunes like "Come And Get Me" and the no-nonsense "Can We Make Love." One of the most interesting developments here is the incorporation of some rap vocals, provided by none other than Snoop Dogg and Too Short, among others. Though the rappers' suitably understated contributions enliven the proceedings, it's the warm, emotive voice of Sweat that is the centerpiece of STILL IN THE GAME.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 27 ratings.
Based on 27 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Storm Warning: Philly Original Soul Classics, Volume 1 (CD)(2)
$13.95 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE