- Theatrical Trailers
- Subtitles in English, French & Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 1, 2004
- Originally Released: 1947
- Label: Turner Home Ent
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1947 -
Best Original Screenplay: Sidney Sheldon
Description by OLDIES.com:
Through no fault of his own, artist and lady's man Richard Nugent finds a love-besotted teenage girl curled on his sofa. Through no fault of his own, the teen's sister is a judge who "sentences" thunderstruck Richard to date the girl until her schoolgirl crush wanes. Circumstances aren't kind to Richard. But they certainly are hilarious when Cary Grant plays Richard, Myra Loy is the judge and Shirley Temple is the teen.
After love-struck teenager Susan is found in his apartment late at night, hapless painter Dick is given an unusual choice by the judge, who just so happens to be the girl's sister: date the smitten high-schooler until she gets over her infatuation... or go to prison. The situation becomes even more complicated when the judge's initial hostility towards the philandering artist soon turns to affection. Sidney Sheldon's bizarrely comic script earned him an Academy Award Nomination for Best Original Screenplay.
Family (General) |
- Additional cast: Ransom Sherman (Judge Treadwell), Ian Bernard (Perry), and William Hall (Anthony Herman).
- The Turner videocassette is part of the "RKO Collection."