- Released: October 3, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: J-Records
Entertainment Weekly - p.70
"[T]he singer hints at mature contentment on her fourth CD...while retaining some angry edge." -- Grade: B
- 1.Everytime Tha Beat Drop - (with Dem Franchize Boyz)
- 2.Dozen Roses, A (You Remind Me)
- 3.Sideline Ho
- 4.Why Her?
- 5.Hell No (Leave Home) - (with Twista)
- 6.Doin' Me Right
- 7.Raw - (with Swizz Beatz)
- 8.My Everything
- 10.Gotta Move On
Personnel: Monica (vocals); Swizz Beatz, Twista, Dem Franchize Boyz (rap vocals).
On her fourth album, 2006's THE MAKINGS OF ME, R&B star Monica returns with an assured set of hip-hop-tinged tunes. Presenting an edgier image than on past releases, the Atlanta, Georgia-based vocalist collaborates with her hometown's snap-music soldiers Dem Franchize Boys on the hard-hitting "Everytime Tha Beat Drop," but is still capable of sensual moments, as on the smooth, Curtis Mayfield-sampling "Dozen Roses."