Gerald Levert Love & Consequences
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.12 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.86 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 21, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: East/West Records
The Source - 9/98, p.256"...LOVE & CONSEQUENCE is more than just an homage to the glory days of yore....Gerald meshes his loverman attitude with a b-boy bounce..."
- 1.No Sense - (featuring Layzie Bone / Ken Dawg)
- 2.Thinkin' Bout It
- 3.Point the Finger - (featuring Sean Levert)
- 4.Breaking My Heart
- 5.That's the Way I Feel About You - (featuring Mary J. Blige)
- 6.It's Your Turn
- 7.No I'm Not to Blame
- 8.No Man's Land
- 9.Men Like Us
- 10.Taking Everything
- 11.What About Me
- 12.Definition of a Man
- 13.Humble Me - (featuring Lemicah Levert)
Personnel includes: Gerald Levert (vocals, keyboards, drums, keyboard programming); Sean Levert (vocals); Lazy Bone, Ken Dawg, Shaqueen (rap vocals); Edwin "Tony" Nicholas (talk box, keyboards, drums, keyboard programming); Roger Troutman (talk box); Darrell "Delite" Allamby, Flavahood, R. Kelly (various instruments); Manuel Seal (guitar, keyboard programming, background vocals); Randy Bowland (guitar); Laura Russell, Mary Beth Ion, Janice Fields, Susan Britton (violin); Lisa Grossman (viola); Linda Anderson (cello); Sherry Luchette (bass); Joe Little III (keyboards, drums, programming); Allstar (keyboard & drum programming, background vocals); Stephen George (programming); Lincoln "Link" Browder, Antoinette Roberson (background vocals).
Producers include: Gerald Levert, Edwin "Tony" Nicholas, Darrell "Delite" Allamby, Joe Little III, Manuel Seal.
Engineers include: Ivan "St. Ives" Walker, Steve Croom, Darrell "Delite" Allamby, Paul Osborne, Angelo Quiglin.
Spawned from a legendary musical father (Eddie Levert, Sr., founder of the O'Jays), Gerald Levert has achieved some major success of his own. LOVE & CONSEQUENCES tackles issues about love and relationships without ever sounding sappy. Levert belts a combination of sexually-charged yet vulnerable lyrics over various types of tracks. There are ballads ("Thinkin' Bout It"), Jeep- thumpers ("No Man's Land," which features Wyclef Jean) and mainstream R&B creations ("Point The Finger" and "Men Like Us," written by R. Kelly).
LOVE & CONSEQUENCES also features contributions from some of R&B's hottest artists. "That's The Way I Feel About You" is an edgy re-make of the Bobby Womack classic, and features an appearance from Mary J. Blige. On "No Sense," Lazie Bone from BoneThugs rips the chorus into something unheard of on any previous Levert album. Although the album is filled with stellar additions from his music biz pals, Levert's powerful voice is the main attraction here.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Complete Soul City / Bell Singles 1966-1975 (3-CD)
$35.46 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the R&B / Soul genre:
- Various Artists Storm Warning: Philly Original Soul Classics, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $13.95 on SALE
- War Peace Sign (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Honey & The Bees Dynamite! (CD) ~ $13.95 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Funk, Volume 2: 12 Funky Tracks (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Barbara Acklin Best of Barbara Acklin (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE