- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: June 15, 2010
- Label: Bgo - Beat Goes On
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.The Holdup
- 2.Someone Else's Blues
- 3.Danger Man
- 4.The Main Street Moan
- 5.Send Me To The 'Lectric Chair
- 6.Statesboro Blues / Church Bell Blues
- 8.Kansas City
- 9.The New Lee Highway Blues
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.(What a) Wonderful World
- 2.Yankee's Revenge: Leather Britches / The Red Haired Boy / Teetotaler's Reel / The Wind That Shakes the Barley / Drowsy Maggie
- 3.I Like to Sleep Late in the Morning
- 5.Don't Put That Thing on Me
- 6.Mr. Blue
- 7.Dark Hollow
- 8.If I Get Lucky
- 9.The Joke's on Me
- 10.Midnight on the Water: Midnight On the Water, A (a Texas Waltz)/a Slow Air (Irish)/A Slip Jig (Irish)
Personnel: David Bromberg (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Jerry Garcia (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Winnie Winston (banjo); Andy Statman (mandolin, tenor saxophone); Neil Rossi, Jay Ungar (fiddle); John Payne (alto flute, bass clarinet, tenor saxophone); Joe Ferguson (alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Peter Ecklund (trumpet); Jeff Gutcheon, Keith Godchaux (piano); Bill Kreutzmann, Steve Mosley (drums); Hungria Garcia (timbales); Jack Lee, Andy McMahon, The Sweet Inspirations, Tracy Nelson (background vocals).
Audio Remasterer: Andrew Thompson .
Audio Remixer: Tim Geelan.
Liner Note Author: John Tobler.
Recording information: Columbia Studios, New York, NY; Wally Heider Studio, San Francisco, CA.
Photographers: Al Clayton; Jim McGuire .
Compiling the third and fourth solo albums by sideman-to-the-stars David Bromberg, Wanted Dead or Alive/Midnight on the Water includes Bromberg's virtuoso musicianship, eccentric songwriting, and endearingly off-key vocals, along with plenty of guest spots: Bonnie Raitt, Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, and on the first, most of the Grateful Dead. ~ John Bush