- Released: July 5, 2005
- Label: Jive
Vibe - pp.229-2304 discs out of 5
- "R. Kelly is still the best at getting the job done. TP.3 proves that his magical libido still has the power to orchestrate legendary lust-making tunes."
- 1.Playa's Only
- 2.Happy Summertime - (remix)
- 3.In the Kitchen
- 4.Slow Wind
- 5.Put My T-Shirt On
- 6.Remote Control
- 7.Kickin' It With Your Girlfriend
- 8.Reggae Bump, Bump
- 10.Girls Go Crazy
- 11.Hit It til the Morning
- 12.Sex Weed
- 13.Love Is What We Makin, (Sex)
- 14.Burn It Up - (featuring Wysen / Yindell)
- 15.Trapped in the Closet Chapter 1
- 16.Trapped in the Closet Chapter 2
- 17.Trapped in the Closet Chapter 3
- 18.Trapped in the Closet Chapter 4
- 19.Trapped in the Closet Chapter 5
Personnel: R. Kelly (vocals, rap vocals); Do or Die, Elephant Man, Nivea, Snoop Dogg, Game, Twista, Yandel, Baby, Wysen (rap vocals).
Even with the endless controversy surrounding him, R. Kelly never slowed down, ever-ready to take more and more chances. This album's 15-minute final cut, "Trapped in the Closet," was easily the most ambitious undertaking the Chicago native had undertaken in his two decades of making music. A five-part suite unfolding a twisting serial of love, sex, and betrayal (accompanied by a long-form video available with the CD), the tale became a hot item on the internet and over radio lines. (Fans listened attentively to find out what would happen next).
The rest of the album provides thirteen tracks of Kelly's typically strong and sensual modern R&B. He starts off the record with a reminder that he's far from a one-note artist, coming on as hard as anyone with the anthemic single "Playa's Club," then rolls into a 1970s groove with help from the always-spectacular Snoop Dogg on "Happy Summertime," before easing into a set of slow jams highlighted by the lusty "In the Kitchen" and the breezy "Slow Wind." As much as R. Kelly can't seem to stop getting himself into trouble, he also can't stop releasing original, arousing albums. TP.3 is no exception.