- Released: October 9, 2006
- Label: Westbound Uk
- 1.I Cry
- 3.Two-Faced World
- 4.It Hurts So Good
- 5.Don't Send Nobody Else
- 6.Hypocrisy (Reprise) - (Reprise)
- 7.Breakaway - (Stereo Remix, previously unreleased, Bonus Track)
- 8.Good to the Very Last Drop
- 9.Help Yourself
- 10.Love Doctor
- 11.Now That You Got It
- 12.Close My Eyes
- 13.Breakaway (Reprise) - (Reprise)
- 14.It Hurts So Good - (All Mix with Additional Strings, previously unreleased, Bonus Track)
- 15.Help Yourself - (previously unreleased, Bonus Track / Unedited Master)
- 16.Here Comes Love - (previously unreleased, Bonus Track / Demo)
- 17.That's My Style - (previously unreleased, Bonus Track / Incomplete Demo)
- 18.Hypocrisy - (previously unreleased, alternate take, Bonus Track)
- 19.Breakaway - (previously unreleased, alternate take, Bonus Track)
Audio Remasterer: Duncan Cowell.
Audio Remixer: Rob Keyloch.
Liner Note Author: Tony Rounce.
Recording information: Media Sound Studios, NY; Muscle Shoals Studios, Muscle Shoals, AL.
Arrangers: Raeford Gerald; Mike Lewis ; Brad Shapiro.
Before hitting her stride with 1974's Caught Up, Millie Jackson delivered this tasty disc of uptown Southern soul. Both Stax raw and Philly International slick, It Hurts So Good percolates with smoky horns, snaking guitar lines, electric piano, strings, and bluesy funk grooves. In addition to her usually provocative take on relationships (both in the home and at the dark end of the street), Jackson -- via Curtis Mayfield -- delivers the affecting ghetto laments "I Cry," "Hypocrisy," and "Two-Faced World." And while some of the charts are a bit lacking, Jackson is solid throughout, especially on slow-burners like "Good to the Very Last Drop." A fine early offering from the diva of salacious sass. ~ Stephen Cook