- Theatrical Trailer
- Subtitles in English, French & Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 1, 2004
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Turner Home Ent
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
A funny thing happens to newlywed Nick Arden on his way to the honeymoon suite. He meets his wife. No, not his bride. He meets the wife who was lost at sea seven years ago and presumed dead. All aboard for a spinning marriage-go-round! Cary Grant, the screen's ideal combination of romantic hunk and comedy buffoon, plays flabbergasted Nick. Radiant Irene Dunne, Grant's The Awful Truth and Penny Serenade co-star, plays the returned wife who cagily sets out to reclaim her former life. And Randolph Scott and Gail Patrick add to the marital mixup as Nick goes from having one wife to two to none to one. The right one. Of all the giddy screwball comedies ever made, this remains an enduring favorite.
Cary Grant and Irene Dunne, originally teamed in the 1937 comedy "The Awful Truth", are back for more fun. This time, a wife who has been apart from her husband and kids for seven years (after getting marooned on an island) returns to her home and family -- on the very day her husband is about to marry another woman!
Essential Cinema |
- The Turner videocassette is part of the "RKO Collection."