The Three Degrees New Dimensions
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.79 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.20 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 23, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Ais
- 1.Giving Up, Giving In
- 2.Falling In Love Again
- 3.Looking For Love
- 4.The Runner
- 5.Woman In Love
- 6.Magic In The Air
- 7.Giving Up, Giving In (Single Version)
- 8.Woman In Love (Single Version)
- 9.The Runner (Single Version)
- 10.Falling In Love Again (Single Version)
- 11.Out of Love Again (Single B - Side)
- 12.The Golden Lady (Soundtrack Lp Version)
- 13.The Runner (12" Disco Remix)
Liner Note Author: Wayne A. Dickson.
Recording information: Essex Studios, London; Larrabee Studio, Los Angeles, CA; Westlake.
Photographers: Gered Mankowitz; Joey Nash; Jeremy Levinson.
Arranger: Greg Mathieson.
Unquestionably, the Three Degrees enjoyed their finest moment when paired with Philly International masterminds Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff. Unquestionably, too, their union with Eurodisco guru Giorgio Moroder was less an artistic decision than a commercial one -- Moroder, after all, had the hottest sound around. And the Three Degrees hadn't been the same since Prince Charles called them his favorite group. So, the hip meets the hapless -- and stranger things had succeeded in the past. Unfortunately, New Dimensions would not be so blessed. For starters, anyone looking for a new "Love to Love You, Baby" will be sorely disappointed. Bland arrangements and weak disco dominate this set, even if the trio themselves sound fine. It's just that everything around them, including Moroder's throbbing motorik and the driving Eurodisco beats, sound horribly out of place. Two songs, "Givin' Up, Givin' In" and "Woman in Love," would deliver minor R&B chart hits, and that's where New Dimensions is at its best -- both are enjoyable, if insubstantial, dancefloor foot-tappers, although the latter would probably been helped if it had been a cover of the BeeGees' tune. Sadly, it wasn't. At the end of the day, then, it was just too late in the decade for the Three Degrees. They epitomized an earlier age, and that's where they should have stayed. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Or new dimensions. ~ Amy Hanson
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)(5)
$6.98 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE